1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Way High Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by psfive, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psfive

psfive Member

How long will the American people put up with these gas prices? I am sick of them already and looks like like this is only the start. What can we do? Paul in Nebraska.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Buy shares in oil companies. Bill Malcolm

3. 3357

3357 Member

Elevated gasoline prices are a small price to pay for a change in administration, consider it a conservative campaign contribution, and as stated above, stay long in big oil stocks.

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

There was something on the news about when Bush was President and gas prices were going up and how the media was all over him about what he was going to do etc, now the media completely ignores rising prices because their messiah is in the White House. They will probably still blame President Bush and give the Big Eared, Muslim Loving Shit head a pass.

Oscar

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Oscar, why don't you go ahead and tell us what you think. LOL Jackie B.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I think Oscar pretty well nailed it!

7. copper

copper Member

Big Oil THEY own DC Bush had hand in this changed way oil could be traded most of the rest in DC get big money from these guys to leave them alone . If we don,t get big money out of DC we are never going to get any ware will drown. What do you think look at money on elections spent these guys want things when they invest in one of there Pawns . Remember the gas crisis the lines we were running out was all Bull so is this price

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I would like to know who the secert guy is that feeds the media the insider info on how and what the prices are going to do! The SOB is never wrong! Jake

9. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

j2jake, There is no "secret" guy. It's all a conspiracy by BIG OIL. They tell us gas prices are going to go to $5/gal and when they only hit $4.50, everyone wants to kiss their asses for being so nice to us. Larry

10. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

It is a big dollar game, and we have no chips in the deal.

Think back, the government and the oil suppliers always say, when there is a conflict, that the price will be effected.

I firmly beleive it is the reduction in gasoline consumption that is causing the price to increase,due to higher milage cars, less airplane flights due to consolidation etc.

You have an infrastructure set to produce and sell "X" amount of fuel at a rate of return. When market situations change in this area the only thing to do is increase the amount you sell each unit for to compensate for the reduction, thus allowing to maintain the infrastructure.

JMHO

11. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

BILL has it right. High gas prices don't bother me that much anymore. I bought stock in oil companies a few years back. Also just bought a Fiat 500 which gets around 40 mpg for most of our everyday driving. I still need and love my Ram Pickup, but now it only comes out "to play". Its not like it went from 99 cents to 4 bucks overnight. Its been creeping up for quite a while and alot of folks are still in denial and waiting for it to drop back to 1.99. Ain't happening. Time to adapt and make lifestyle changes if you are don't own a gas station.

12. psfive

psfive Member

The gas station owner gets no deal on gas, 10 cents a gallon is still about all they are making around here. I can't speak for anywhere else. But I know some of these people the margins are near the same as it was at $2.00 a gallon. Paul in Nebraska.

13. primed

primed Well-Known Member

"How long will the American people put up with these gas prices?"

Sounds like you should not have to put up with THESE high gas prices for long. I heard a prediction recently that regular gas will hit $5.00 per gallon by July nationwide. Then we will put up with THOSE high prices because we really have no say in the matter.

Bob

14. oz

oz Active Member

the US stock market sets the prices and they are making billions on the backs of citizens. ALSO the oil companies EXPORT gas, jet fuel, etc to china and other countries. If the stock market goes bust obama will bail them out with our money. oz

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

"We" have every bit as much say in the price of oil as we do in the price of shot, powder, beet, wine, ammo, guns, and everything else. One good thing about the price of gas going up is the entertainment provided by all the crackpot theories. By the time it hits $5 there will probably be 10 threads about it.

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You guys keep forgetting that prices at the pump effect a lot more than YOUR personal driving, the price of everything is related to fuel prices, wait until you see food prices double.

Try running a farm or a small biz that has to fuel up heavy trucks and equipment on a daily basis.

Just because your car gets good mileage does not insulate you from having your disposable income depleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.