1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Watch Crown ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by map@neo, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map@neo

map@neo Member

I recently lost the crown to my watch. It is an Omega Seamaster in stainless.
    Omega will not sell me a new crown unless they completely review and clean it.
    This is to the "tune" of $275. (with new crown). The watch is as new and does not require any work, it keeps near perfect time. All I need is a stainless
    crown. Any trapshooters in the watch business that can help? Thankyou.

MAP

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

MAP Is stem still there ? Its the threaded shaft the crown screws on. Usually when the crown goes it takes a piece of the stem with it. If you look in the case tube the stem should be about in the middle..Otherwise you will need both pieces.

When I repaired watches Omega parts were among the highest priced parts.

The case has numbers on it somewhere. These numbers are essential for the right crown. The mvt. no. may be needed for the stem.

Suggest you find a local watchmaker if possible. Most shops send out their work. I never liked to send anything out as it may not come back.

Hope this helps. Gerald

3. map@neo

map@neo Member

Thankyou all for your "time" and input.
    Happy Holidays to everyone.
    Regards,

MAP

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I agree with MIA...be glad you don't have a Rolex....I think they start charging you from when you think about sending them your watch....my Submariner needs a good going over after 20 years on my wrist but it sits in my safe. I'd rather spend the money on ammo and targets!!

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

a good local watchmaker can take care of it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.