1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: WANTED: 1950'S PHOENIX, AZ. STREET MAP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I know this is a long shot, but maybe someone from Arizona can help me find this item. I'm looking for a street map of Phoenix, Arizona from the early 1950's. Any type street map will work, whether it's a fold out or from an almanac. Does anyone have one or know where I can find one? Thanks, Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Pat......Found one......Thanks for the tip..........Dan

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Dan, I can't imagine the Phoenix area from the fifties to today.My first visits were 25 years ago and I am still amazed with the growth of the whole valley.My first trip into Sky Harbor you walked down the stairs from the DC10 onto the hot top, and walked over to the baggage cart to pick your gun off yourself. Times have changed. Bob H.

5. grammie

grammie TS Member

How much has Phoenix grown?????? Well,,lets put it this was,,Van Buren Street is about 80 miles long!!!!

I could almost run across rooftops from the White Tank Mountains east to Apache Junction and not touch the ground,,a straight line distance of more than 70 miles!!!! You could put the distance from Springfield,Ill. to St.Louis,Mo. through the middle of the Valley of the Sun and still have some left over.....

AKA Grammie...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.