1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Want to Buy Glock .22 Conversion HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I know its not 7.5 or 8 full, Imp.Mod or even Modified. But I would like info from you Glocksperts on which is the best .22 conversion for a 26 or 19 Glock. Also where is the best place to get one. Thanks Jim W

2. melie

melie Guest

Try these guys. They are the Glock experts.

www.lonewolfdist.com

3. ouch

ouch Member

Sir, I bought an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 22 .40cal. from a poster on this site. It works great and is a lot of fun for just plinking around. I looked at the J.A.Cienor (spelling ?) and it looked ok, But several posters on this site spoke bad about him and his business practices more than once on several different threads. (try the search feature)

I am now wanting a kit to convert my Mini-14 and J.A.Cienor is the only manufactor for that conversion,But I am holding out for a used one. Richard

4. GunCSI

GunCSI TS Member

I Bought a Ciener kit for a G17 two or three years ago. The magazine was slightly oversized and was about impossible to get out of the gun once it was seated. I fired nearly 1,000 rounds through it and was never able to fire a full magazine without some form of a malfunction. I called Ciener and they could have cared less and offered no help other than to tell me to keep shooting it and demonstrated what I thought to be the worst customer service I'd seen in a while. I decided to let someone else keep shooting it as I'd had enough practice in failure drills with it.
    I recently received an Advantage Arms kit for the G17 and enjoy it much more. The kit tells you what ammo to use and what not to use. IF you follow those directions, you shouldn't have any problems. It will NOT use the cheaper 36 gr. hollow point versions that they sell in the 550 round packs. They will feed and fire but usually won't quite eject and if they do, there's insufficient slide movement to pick up the next round. 40 grain high speed ammo is the order of the day and has proven absolutely reliable. Accuracy doesn't seem to vary much between brands but with the standard 2x4 front sight there's a limit as to what you can really expect to do.
    Around the 500 round mark you'll have to give it a good cleaning to keep the reliablity up. I've run several thousand rounds through it and that seems to be a pretty good average as to when the unit starts having a few malfunctions. A quick cleaning and it's back to normal. Accuracy has been better than the factory top end. The LE model is, in my opinion the way to go as you can replace the front sight with a thinner model giving a bit better sight picture. The rear sight is the Glock adjustable.
    It's even more fun if you mount it on top of a CCF Raceframe stainless steel version.

5. SirMissalott

Thanks to all.

6. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

I just bought a Ciener Glock-17 upper with 3 mags & here's my opinion. In the 10 days I've had it, I've run about 2500 rounds through it. It's a shooter. All 3 mags (14-rd) work perfectly, but all 3 are about .002" too wide at the top and won't quite drop free. I see the faint scrape marks, and some day I'll fix that with sandpaper. It digests everything. It's very accurate with everything. It has fixed, cast-in sights which can't be adjusted. They're fine, and are point-of-aim at 7 yards, just what I wanted for tactical training, but unadjustable can be a bummer in a .22 depending on your favorite ammo. I got a dull black upper, so I wouldn't have the shiny silver sights that are on the silver upper. (A friend got a Browning HiPower Ciener upper in silver; mistake, you can't see the sights, but easily corrected by spraying the whole upper dull black, which he did. I borrowed that BHP upper of his for a couple of months this winter, and put about 2-3000 rounds through it. It had a tiny burr on the firing pin which caused some light strikes with Rem cheap Golden Bullet ammo. Easily fixed. Otherwise great functioning.) So my opinion of the Ciener is totally positive. Excellent quality barrel. Now, as for service, it took 6 months, 4 letters, and some phone calls before I got it it. I have no idea if my contacts made any difference. They had a "backorder problem." Not so much a "don't care," I believe, as a too busy to attend to customer questions; poorly run office operation. A friend got an Advantage Arms Glock upper. He loves it. Mags only hold 10 rds, but has a slide hold-open when mag's empty and dovetailed (& replaceable) sights, neither of which Ciener has. It is quite ammo finicky, I believe he's only found one it'll always run with. Bummer. Between these two uppers I'll take the Ciener. It's an Energizer bunny, just runs & runs. I shoot 300-700 rounds at a session in it, and it just hums along, even the cheap Rem and Fed bulk 550-pak ammo. It's favorite cheap stuff is Federal American Eagle 38-gr. It doesn't gum up & stop running. I agree with the recommendation to use heavier bullets. Weight with loaded mag in a G-17 frame is 24 oz. Ciener made the mags heavy so loaded it'll feel "right," which it does. The Advantage feels too light, to me. You may need to watch your blood pressure with Ciener and be patient, and you won't be able to replace sights. The sights are a copy of standard Glock sights: front is .166" high (OK) and .123" wide (a little too wide;) rear notch is .124" wide (a little narrow) and .065" high (should be deeper.) I can fix them with a file. Friends who buy them in 1911 and HiPower format commonly get them in 6 weeks, but that wasn't my experience! I've come to live with the cast-in Ciener sights, though some day may try milling dovetails so I can install a set of my favorite Glock sights, Heinie or Warren Tactical Sevigny Competitions. Phil E

7. SirMissalott

Once again thanks to all there seems to be a backorder situation no matter which flavor you choose.

8. GunCSI

GunCSI TS Member

Glad to hear someone finally has a Ciener that works because I know of at least 3 that don't come anywhere close to being that functional. Having talked to the Ceiner folks (that's not what I want to call them) on the phone at their shop and at the S.H.O.T. Show, make no mistake, it's a "don't care" attitude. I'm sure they are busy but it makes no difference when/where you talk to them, they don't care once they have your money.
    I have one of their 1911 conversions and it works as well as you could want and accuracy is very good. It's the cheaper model with fixed sights so pin point accuracy at 25 yards is kind of tough. Neither of them comes close to the quality and ability of the Marvel unit but unfortunately, Marvel doesn't do Glock. Too bad.
    On first try the Ceiner unit's mags wouldn't work with the Advantage but we're going to see if they could be altered enough to work. It'd be more fun to have the 15 rd mags.

9. Phil E

Phil E TS Member

You mentioned the G-26. I don't believe you can get a Ciener for the G26, so if that's your want, it'll be an Advantage Arms. Phil E

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.