1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T want info on CAN bear hunt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BIG HOUSE, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIG HOUSE

BIG HOUSE TS Member

I am lookin to go on a CANADA bear hunt in 08 and would like some info on a place to go. Someplace you have been that was good. Please give a web address or a phone # so I can get info. If you want post a pix of your hunt and a little note. Thx for your help!!!!

Thx BIG HOUSE

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

If you need further help.
    You need to know open season for non residents. Just have 06 Summary.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. BIG HOUSE

BIG HOUSE TS Member

DT, my boss is taking me and he wants CAN. so I cant say no. In WI it takes 7 or 8 years in some areas to get a tag on a draw. I have 6 years in but Im giving my points to my stepbros son so they can hunt together. I have done a hunt in WI a few years back, and drove 300 miles one way to bait for 7 weeks and got a bear on the third weekend we hunted. It was great to do it yourself, but it was vary costly. See ya soon at the range!!!!!

Keep them coming.......

Thx BIG HOUSE

4. Kraggybear

Kraggybear TS Member

Look up Baragge Gouin at barragegouin.qc.ca
    You will see more bears than people
    Gheslain is a great guy, an dwhen you ar edone, there is trout fishing, walleye and pike fishing.
    My brother is the outdoor writer for our local newspaper and this May will be his 3rd time up and my second. Someone shot "my volkswagon:, a 437lber from my stand.

5. Kraggybear

Kraggybear TS Member

many outfitters will not let you use insect repellent as the bears can smell it.
    Head nets and clothing like the military pants with ties at the ankles keep the black flies and mosquitos out. Brush teeth with baking soda, do not eat foods with garlic and onions, an duse your scnet mask soap.

6. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

Heck, My granddad just whomped-em on the head and made pets out of-em.
    They was better then a pony cus you could ride em right up the mountain.

Bill Johnson, great grandson of Jeremiah Johnson and father of Jeremiah Johnson the 4th...

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

Why don't you just go to the nearest farm to you,,,,sneak into the owners chicken coop about 1 in the morning,,,with a ballbat of course,,,and then just kill until your bloodlust subsides!!! Don't worry though,,those chickens won't put up much of a fight!!!!

How on this earth can a person without laughing,,,call him/herself a "hunter",,,and a beleiver in "fair-chase",,,brag about shooting an animal while its head is in a garbage can????? or,,,,"drawn" to you by the use of bait,,,so you can sit back at your leisure,,and shoot an animal with no more problem than brushing away a blackfly!!!! Yes sir,,,,that was a "real hunt"!!!!

Money can buy anything!!!! It can even buy----"sportsmanship"!!!!

AKA Grammie.................

8. thedemoguy

thedemoguy TS Member

Grammie
    What kind of guns do you have ?

What kind of hunting do you do ?

What kind of truck do you drive ?

Be a man and answer the questions.

You know where I'm going with this don't you, your attitude toward bear hunting is no different then the attitude of some people that would ban one gun and not another...

As a sportsman you say, or did you ? you have no right to dictate to another man what he sees as sportsmanship as long as he is within the law of the people and the land...

You sir. are a hypocrite...

Bill

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

AKA Grammie - I have never hunted baited Bear but I have done a little fishing using baits. I have seen many deer hunters hanging around apple trees at the edge of the woods. I have hunted Doves over cut fields with quite a bit of grain that did not make it into the truck. Simply because I would not enjoy a baited bear hunt, I would not criticize anyone else who might enjoy it.

Pat Ireland

10. BIG HOUSE

BIG HOUSE TS Member

Tal/IL great pix thx

Granny,errrrr Grammie, You are a............ aint going to do it!!

Pat thx for your words.

I will be getting info from all who sent to me THX !!!

Keep them coming...

Thx BIG HOUSE

11. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Honest question. Is Grammie and Sammie the same person?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.