1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T WalMart

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tommy67, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy67

Tommy67 Member

I stopped at the local WalMart today to pick up a couple of things on the way home from work. My total was $15.50, so I handed the cashier a $20. When the cashier opened her cash drawer, she discovered she did not have enough change to break the $20. The cashier entered some information in her computer to request change at her station. After 5 minutes of waiting, I told the clerk I was short on time, could I have my $20 back and I would leave my purchases. The cashier said she couldn't do that, she would have to wait for someone to bring the change. Another two or three minutes elapsed and I asked how long it would take to get my change. The cashier pointed to a person standing at a station about 20 feet from us and said that person would bring the change. I waited a couple of more minutes, and then expressed (rather loudly) that we needed some help at register #20. Long story short...I waited a total of 15 minutes for my $4.50 in change. The cashier was very apologetic, the person bringing the change acted as if I was a nuisance.

Why do I shop at WalMart???? Small town, not much choice. I sure wish I had more options.

I intend to boycott Walmart this Christmas, but pretty sure they don't really give a damn.

Sorry, guys...guess i just needed to vent some.

Tom

2. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

You always have options, You are right that they do not care because they know
    with in a month you will return. Glenn Allison

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The only time that I shop at Walmart is at the Grand. I'd much rather go to the local grocery store.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Reminds me of the time 5 yrs. ago when I went there to buy a $130 set of Nikon binoculars. Waited 20 minutes and flagged down 3 different people to get someone to open the sporting goods desk...then after I looked at the binoculars, they said they couldn't sell it to me because they "aren't allowed to sell their display model." (WTF do you need it for if you can't sell it?)

That about takes the cake. I've heard they only stock certain items as bait to get you in the store...I believe it. Right then, I was done with those As_holes.

5. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Thanks Recurvy, Buzz Gun. We little guys are getting few and far between. We do believe and practice service, service, service. We still have carryout service for any size purchase. Glenn Allison

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Wal Mart is a true friend of the sportsman. Selling Federal Value Pack Ammo and night crawlers at a reasonable. And don't forget that you can get your hunting and fishing license there. HMB

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Wal-Mart is the largest and most successful retailer in history ... You have no idea of what they give back to the communitys by donations, and jobs because they don't broadcast it ... The same people you are complaining about could be on welfare getting our tax dollars rather than having a real job ... I sincerely doubt there is any register in any WalMart that would not be able to make change for a $20.00 at anytime of the day or night ... Name one retailer who does for the world what Wal Mart does and I will agree with you from that moment on until then you'd better thank God for people like Sam Walton for having a vision and turning it into reality ... If Wal Mart don't have it you probably won't need it ... Stock holder who would like to thank everyone for your business, even those that like to piss and moan about having to shop at WalMart ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

This was printed in 2006 but I highly doubt things have changed any.

Read the whole thing and then make your own determination of how walmart effects the communitys it invades.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Waiting 15 minutes for change would be a real pain. But, remember, time is really not constant. It seem to take 7-8 minutes for a red traffic light to change when it changes every 3 minutes. When I am able to shoot a good round of 100 targets over 4 traps, the clock may indicate that it took an hour but, I am sure only 20 minutes pass by. All of this is clearly explained by Ireland's Theory of Relativity.

Pat Ireland

10. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I love walmart.. just go in there realizing who you are dealing with to start with.. our sporting good counter is never open.. I call from my cell phone to the main line and ask the lady to send some one to the desk.. in our store you could never find anyone to flag down..

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

More interesting reading about Walmart.

Bob Lawless

12. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I see it from both sides, I was a manager at walmart in a small town. part of what he said I agree with, We always said if we had a nickel for everyone that said they would never shop at walmart again, We knew they would be back because there is no where else to go. Walmart does give people alot of jobs but they are not good to their employees by always cutting their hours when they need them. On the other hand they do sell about everything you need. They pick out their favorite people and treat them good so a few make a good living off walmart. I wish they had a union so everyone was treated fairly and the only way I can see that a co. that big can keep the union out is they are paying them off bigtime.

13. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

In defense of Walmart , just take a pad and pencil , write down everything you may need from another store , hair products , vitamins , dog food , TV`s , vcr`s , clothes , food products and the price , then go to Walmart and do the same thing and see how much you will save by buying there . They have all the same products or clothes that the other stores have but their management procedures , bulk purchasing , warehousing and delivering is much more suffisticated than all the rest . Yes I`m a retired Union man and should be protesting too but I`m not . Right now I`m trying to save a buck or 2 . There are 3 surrounding me in different directions but wish there was one closer so I could save that much more with the gas prices . I also wish they sold gas there too at a discount as Stop & Shop does in Rhode Island .

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

That is all Walmart needs, to be unionized. The unions have done way more harm to this country than Walmart ever could. Unions are one of the biggest contributors to the destruction of this country. I just bought some shells at Walmart during my lunch hour, why, because they are cheaper than anywhere else. If you don't want to work at Walmart don't. If you don't want to buy anyting at Walmart don't. They seem to be doing fine without you.

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Now everyone thats complaining go and get the stuff you need at the local MOM and POP place, opps there are none and they wouldn't be there anyway because they probably all died off or went out of business ... It won't be long and the big grocery stores will have to compete against (WalMart) the retail GIANT and then they will have to cut back their prices to compete also ... Clean up in isle 70 please, and make it quick ... WPT ... (YAC) ... lol ...

16. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The best way to beat Walmart is to not compete against them. Sporting goods are a prime example. The sporting goods section at Walmart is pitiful and the people behind the counter know nothing about the few products they have. Most stores won't even sell guns anymore. I prefer to buy all my groceries at the local grocery store because I hate having to go into the 20 acre store to buy a few groceries. I prefer buying my clothes at a clothing store. I bought my television at a eletronics store. I buy my medicine at the drug store. Walmart is good at what they do but there are a lot of big holes in what they do.

17. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

WalMart just donated $1000 to our club...just for community goodwill.

18. shelly

shelly TS Member

If WM really destroyed all the local businesses as the liberals and union slugs would have you think, then why is it that wherever a WM store goes in, many other stores and businesses move in right next to them? Anybody who has eyes can see that a WM store is a magnet for development of all kinds.

19. capvan

capvan Active Member

Went painfully to Wally Land last night. It's always a bad experience and the only reason we go is that they do have the "stuff" we need (want). The whole damn place just has a bad feel to it. Unfriendly staff who don't know anything, tons of kids running around like it's a theme park, just simply a bad experience. Fortunately we just don't need much so the trips are very infrequent.

1/3 of the containers (container ship thingys) from China go to Wally Land. And it's all junk.

20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Shelly, which one is the Ohio State university extension office....union slug or liberal?

If you would have read the website I posted you would have an answer to business moving in next to walmart. Paragraphs 8 & 9 if you have a hard time comprehending what you read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.