1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Walking/ Hiking Shoes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tugboat, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Looking for a good brand of walking/hiking shoes in wide width and cushioned heel.. I realize this request is WAY off topic so thanks in advance..

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

My wife and I bought Keen Targhee II's this spring for hiking on a Utah trip. I should have bought these some time back as we are both very happy. Anything you do, stay completely away from Rocky's...this is coming from a guy that at one time owned around 12-14 pair of Rockies...back when they were good boots in the late 80's and early 90's. Bryan

3. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

New Balance, Made in USA models, Google them.

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have a pair of New Balance 974's that I really like. They have good support and are still very comfortable.

Jim Skeel

5. FIB

FIB Member

I wear Merrill Moab Ventilators for light hiking/walking and have been very pleased with them.

6. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

I have a 4E width foot and have found New Balance to be about the only shoe company that provides a good fit. If you order them directly, you can return them if the fit is not right. They say a well fitted shoe should not require a break-in period before becoming comfortable.

Terry Sandlin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.