1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Voltage Boosters?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BDodd, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Anyone with experience with Voltage Boosters for RVs? These items will boost voltage at locations with minimal service which is quite common at gun clubs; especially when the hoards all show up and want to run AC and so on. I've found 2 advertised in Trap and Field. The first is Franks - with two models, one basic and the other with automatic shut-off features if voltage is too low or too high. They seem to be offering good performance. The other is PowerMaster with data that looks quite basic. Then Camping World markets the Autoformer that also appears to be pretty basic. I have a number of friends in the shooting world with the Autoformer model and seem satisfied but I'm looking for any advice regarding spending a few extra bucks ($50) for the automatic shut-off features and any other wisdom for these things. NO, I don't want to buy a generator....breakemall....Bob Dodd

2. A201

A201 TS Member

Bob I maade my own many years ago and it works but is not self regulating. The ones from Camper World do self regulate ,I think, and are good for their intended purpose. Don't wait too long, just get one before it's too late. Roger

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

a201, already too late once. fortunately Nu-WA bought the board under warranty - and, I'm not all that sure it was a low voltage issue. I'll likely get one, just trying to see if the extras on any models are worth the extra money....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.