1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Vista Program

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I need some help and know this is the place to get it.

I bought a new Dell and got the Vista program. I can't figure out how to delete part of an e-mail. For example: You receive one that has been forwarded 200 times and want to foreward it again but clean out the 200 previous receivers of the message. What's the procedure?

Vista will also list attachments and still show pictures in the body of the letter? Can the "attachment" area be cleared out? Thanks, Dave P

2. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

We've had alot of problems using Vista--best advice ---Gooogle "VISTA SUCKS"---there is a lot of help out there----Phil

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

what are you using for an Email client??

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Outlook Express should be the default email program, you should be able to click on forward and highlight the 200 email address and click on the X or right click and delete. To delete an attachment right click on it and delete it as well. Maybe hold the shift key down and the left mouse button and highlight what you want gone and delete it as well. Try those and if that doesn't work ask a Moderator.

Jerbear

5. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I have Vista and use Outlook, no issues with Email. But I HATE VISTA!

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Simply copy the relevant text and paste it into a new email, address it as you want and send it on from there.

Morgan

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dave, To delete all of those other addresses before you forward it simply do this.

Hit the forward button and then left click on your mouse and hold it down and drag it through those addresses and once you are through them, let go of the left click. This will highlight those addresses and then reach up and hit your delete button and everything that you had highlighted will be deleted.

If there are a lot of them, you might only be able to do one section at a time.

This also works for the bottom of the email you are forwarding too. You know, like the Yahoo add on or the AOL add on or what ever you want to do.

Anyone I email does not see anyone else's address. No need for it.

Good luck.

Hauxfan!

8. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Shootlow: Me too! Unless it is the "compnay e-mail, and it is a "system wide" message.

I ordered a new Dell Laptop (have to go with Dell as they have the Gov't. contract). Specified NO VISTA! XP PRO SP2. Going to have to suck it up and go with Office 2007. Everyone in our organization HATES Office 2007. I found a little program that will revert Office 2007 to look and feel like Office 2003, costs under $20.00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.