1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Virginia cigarettes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pj 999, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Going to Virginia soon, are cigarettes there taxed to death and as high priced as Ohio? Or are they like Kentucky and cheaper than Ohio? Thanks Paul

2. sharhope

sharhope Member

I am not a smoker but when I lived in WV near Virginia cigarettes were very cheap compared to the West Coast about 1 to 2 dollars a packet

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Wwent to the VTA HOF shoot a couple of weekends ago, Malboro lights were 3 bucks and some change. They are over 6 bucks where I live in MD.

Guy Babin

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Virginia tax on cigarettes is $0.30 per pack with an option for any county or city to add $0.02 to $0.15 to a pack. They are ranked 47th with KY and Miss(.18), Mo(.17) and SC(.07) all with lower. Highest taxed? NJ $2.57.5

Smoke'm if you got'm

5. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Please be aware that if you purchase more smokes than they think you will personally consume the seller will contact the stae police and turn you in as a contraband smuggler. Since Tennessee and North Carolina raised their cigarette taxes the State of Virginia has been asked to stop 'smuggling of cigarettes'. I live just a few miles from the VA border and if I buy more than four cartons I am breaking this law.

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Wwent to the VTA HOF shoot a couple of weekends ago, Malboro lights were 3 bucks and some change. They are over 6 bucks where I live in MD.

Guy Babin

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Virginia tax on cigarettes is $0.30 per pack with an option for any county or city to add $0.02 to $0.15 to a pack. They are ranked 47th with KY and Miss(.18), Mo(.17) and SC(.07) all with lower. Highest taxed? NJ $2.57.5

Smoke'm if you got'm

8. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

Please be aware that if you purchase more smokes than they think you will personally consume the seller will contact the stae police and turn you in as a contraband smuggler. Since Tennessee and North Carolina raised their cigarette taxes the State of Virginia has been asked to stop 'smuggling of cigarettes'. I live just a few miles from the VA border and if I buy more than four cartons I am breaking this law.

9. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Dont come to NYS and bye smokes they are almost $8 a pack.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Do you know what Sammy Davis Jr. said to Rock Hudson when he got to Heaven??

I tried to tell you Rock!...whether you smoke'em or poke'em ...them butts will kill you!

11. Juno

Juno TS Member

Ertz, how long are you going to keep track? No disrespect intended, but the nasty smoking habit is supposed to become insignificant. You're keeping it significant. I say now that you've gone 80 days go to a hypnotherepist to stop for good. Soon you will find that you won't bother even keeping track. Good luck with your continued success.

Juno

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just keep it ERTZ...good for you!

13. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Day 7665 for me....or something like that. I stopped counting.

14. Juno

Juno TS Member

Why keep track? It just keeps you thinking about smoking. Ertz, I quit also. With less time then you. But I would have to go to a calender to tell you exactly how many days. Why would I want to put that much thought into something I relinquished?

Juno

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Quitting smoking can be a very significant occasion in a person's life. It was in mine as I had tried to quit numerous times without success and even went for hypnotherapy once. I guess that didn't work either because I bought a pack and lit up right after I left the doctor's office! But I can still remember that I smoked my last cigarette the day before Thanksgiving in 1998.

When I quit, brand-name cartons were $17.00 but many had $3.00-off coupons attached and I thought that was high. Here in Pennsylvania, a carton of those same cigarettes will set you back all but forty bucks today!

Ed

16. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ertz ... congratulations on your accomplishment. You deserve a good drink and smoke to celebrate.

nspktr1 ... uh yeah right, like they'll call the State Troopers on your arse. It is not that they call them but they are over the line watching you and when you turn for the state line after leaving the store they make a call and snag you before you make it out of the state. Now if you were smart you would buy and drive in the other direction or just buy 4 cartons and come back when you need more unless you really are smuggling contraband than you are just a crook and need to be caught and prosecuted with the full force of the law.

17. Loyac

Loyac Member

Do yourselves a GIANT favor... Stop smoking! John

18. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

A true attempt to help, or a better than thou self-gratifying spew of the obvious? My money is on the latter John. We addicted ones know better than anyone. I suggest you concentrate on your own vices--we'll deal with ours thank you very much.

Guy Babin

19. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Thanks to all that answered. I have never smoked and never will. Wife does. Funny thing she had quit for 5 years and then 5 months after we met she started smoking again. Oh well?! Paul

20. Juno

Juno TS Member

Paul, she probably lays the blame on you for starting again. huh? Truth is she had never quit and when you first meet someone it's easy to not do something. Then once the honeymoon period is over. Boom, there they go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.