1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T VINYL PROTECTOR

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sammie, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammie

sammie TS Member

O/T Vinyl Protector

Car buffs, I have inherited some vinyl shine stuff from my kid. Thanks a bunch. sam

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Sure go ahead, couldn't hurt. The old stuff has evaporated over time.

Eric

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Most of the vinyl coatings on the market contain petroleum products that give the vinyl a shine that the manufacturers will hope you mistake for protection.

I would recommend the "Aerospace 303" line of protectants and cleaners. Several of my clients are RV dealers who have to deal with sun-baked vinyl/rubber products everyday in both their service and their sales departments and, from their experiences and the experience of other RV dealers, "303" actually does protect from UV damage and they say it's head and shoulders above the rest of the products on the market.

Morgan

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

What Capt morgan said.

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Whether or not your local RV dealer sells the product line depends on whether (1) they know about it (2) can get it from their distributor. I've found it at RV dealers, marinas, hardware stores etc.

Here is the link to the 303 Products Web Site which contains a retail locater in the upper right.

This link opens the Aerospace 303 Protectant Product Page.

Morgan

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I use the 303 for the cover of my hot tub just because of the fact it contains no petroleum products and my cover is now 5 years old and still looks new.
    The company I got my tub from recommended it as well.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.