1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Video of a bird fishing.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

This osprey knows how to fish. LOL Jackie B.

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

While fly fishing in Yellowstone Nat'l Park, I have had these birds catch fish right in front of me! All the while when I wasn't able to catch a thing. AMAZING.

Chuck

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Good video Jackie

A few times when we have been sitting in the backyard, having a brewski or ten, we have had Ospreys dive down and drag a fish out of our pond, one snagged a big Bass, he landed not to far from us and started tearing it to pieces, he would look at us like, come try to take this away from me

But when they have done it they let out a scream on the way down, it's really cool would love to get it on camera, but doubt I ever will

4. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

that was pretty cool on the last one the why he/she was holding it

5. twotimer

twotimer Member

Jack, we live about 50' off of St Joe bay. We get to see that live often! There is a dead tree between us and the bay. A couple weeks ago I watched an eagle plucking a duck. A couple minutes later the ducks' head popped up! He wasn't even dead yet! Gotta love nature. Mike

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Here's another vid of an eagle catching fish.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hecXupPpE9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

What I would like to know is how do they get those pictures and at so many different angles

As I said I've seen them but never when i had a camera, and even if I did it happens so quick I would never be able to get it

Hey I have an idea, get a bunch of beer and sit by the bank of our lake and drink beer until one comes along

I'd still miss it, probably be taking a leak when he did it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.