1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Value of Elgin pocket watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ohio Bob, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I was given my old uncles pocket watch and I would like to know what it is worth. I don't plan on selling it.

What I have been able to find out is: B.W. Raymond, gold filled, dura spring, type 571, 21 jewels, type I. This watch is in very good condition. I know he carried it every day but it has been in a drawer for 20+ years since he died. It runs and keeps time very well.

I also have the box and the felt pouch it came in when new.

What else do you need to know?

Thanks,

OB

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Whats the Ser. #? Unscrew the back, the number is on the movement. Be careful not to drop it.

If I'm not mistaken the 571 was a later model, Railroad grade. Case back might be marked B. W. Raymond model. Yellow or White case?

I have all the information.

P.M. me if you wish.

Regards....Gerald

3. elinvar

elinvar Member

As stated above the 571 is a later model one- not quite as desirable as the earlier ones- but since you have the box and pouch.
    These generally run in the 300-350 range- maybe a bit more with the box etc.
    They made a ton of these and that tends to drive down the price.
    Do a search on ebay and see what they are bringing there.

Terry Jones " Sangamo Special "