1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Value of Elgin pocket watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ohio Bob, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I was given my old uncles pocket watch and I would like to know what it is worth. I don't plan on selling it.

What I have been able to find out is: B.W. Raymond, gold filled, dura spring, type 571, 21 jewels, type I. This watch is in very good condition. I know he carried it every day but it has been in a drawer for 20+ years since he died. It runs and keeps time very well.

I also have the box and the felt pouch it came in when new.

What else do you need to know?

Thanks,

OB

2. over the hill

over the hill Well-Known Member

Whats the Ser. #? Unscrew the back, the number is on the movement. Be careful not to drop it.

If I'm not mistaken the 571 was a later model, Railroad grade. Case back might be marked B. W. Raymond model. Yellow or White case?

I have all the information.

P.M. me if you wish.

Regards....Gerald

3. elinvar

elinvar Member

As stated above the 571 is a later model one- not quite as desirable as the earlier ones- but since you have the box and pouch.
    These generally run in the 300-350 range- maybe a bit more with the box etc.
    They made a ton of these and that tends to drive down the price.
    Do a search on ebay and see what they are bringing there.

Terry Jones " Sangamo Special "