1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T USPS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by A Sparks, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Sparks

A Sparks Member

So I go in to the local post office yesterday and buy a books of stamps [$8.50 nice racket]. As I peel one off a ask jokingly how long they'll be good for. The guy tells me "till May 12th then you'll have to add a one cent stamp".

Holy frickin hell, I don't usually mutter the F word in the post office but that sure made me.

My clients now all get email invoiced, to hell with the USPS.

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...if I invested that $1000, I could earn $50 a year (at 5%) which would buy me 119 stamps.

Or, to put it another way...$1,000 would buy 2,439 stamps at the current 41 cent price.

I doubt the price of stamps is going to go up enough in the near future to make stockpiling them a viable economic option. Of course, I'm not a business using many hundreds per month.

I might be the only person that thinks most things are a bargain. For example, can i leave an envelope in my mailbox and have you pick it up and deliver it - even around the block or just up the street - for 42 cents?

Milk is $3.50 a gallon where I live...for that, someone had to get up at 5am, feed the damn cow, milk the cow, buy a bottle, put the milk in it, pasturize it, get it inspected, label it, drive it to the grocery store and put it on the shelf - and make money doing it. then the store had to pay lights, heat, labor, etc etc etc - and make money doing it.

But I might be the only one who thinks this way.