1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T United Way donation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by len loma, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. len loma

len loma TS Member

O/T United Way donation / Obama

I usally make a small weekly pay roll donation to the United Way. With the Obama's plan to redistribute wealth I decided to cease my donation. I plan to email the organization as to why. I'll redirect my donation to our church who opposes abortions to help the needy. Do you think charities are going to see donations shrink when Conrad Obama is in office?

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

They sure won't miss much from biden....

The answer is yes, yes, yes. When you have a budget and it shrinks, ALL expenditures will shrink. This is why a tax increase will shrink the ENTIRE economy. The dumbocrats JUST DON'T GET IT!!!

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It is a fact that liberals give far less to charity than conservatives. They would rather the government do it on their behalf. My wife and I as lower middle class citizens gave more money to charity than Biden and Obama in the years before the election. You will never see a rich liberal put their money where their mouth is and donate their millions to the government to spend. They would rather spend your money. My wife and I used to give money to the United Way until I found out they give a lot of money to left-wing causes. I give all my charity to the church now. I leave it up to them how to spend it. I figure what Americans need has more to do with spiritualism than materialism anyway. Our poor have more material wealth than the middle and upper classes in most countries. Their poverty is in their morality and their soul. Government can't fix that, it causes it.

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It isn't just that they don't want homosexual scout leaders taking young boys on overnight camping trips, the boy scouts also have the audacity to mention God. To the left these two factors work against them. Not to mention the loyalty to country and the little military type uniforms. When I was in they even let you shoot rifles. The United Way is right to oppose such a radical group.

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Several years ago, when I found out that the United Way supported pro-abortion organizations, I wrote them a letter informing that I was ceasing my monthly payroll deduction because of it. I received a letter from them saying I could specify that my donations be targeted to groups of which I approved. I made sure that my donation was split 50/50 between two Boy Scout councils. I then contacted both councils and found out they both received exactly half my contribution. It also helped that I knew the treasurers of both councils.

Some other UW groups might be different.

Dennis

6. BuckGuru

BuckGuru Member

In my parish, there is a collection scheduled in November for the Bishop's Campaign for Human Development, which I previously thought was a worthy cause.

That's until I learned that they gave over $1,000,000 to ACORN in 2007. They will never get another penny from me.

There are some worthwhile charities out there but you have to use due diligence to discern the good ones from the phony liberal left-wing pinkos.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

I quit giving to the United Way after they withheld donations to the Boy Scouts because the Scouts refused to allow GAY Scout leaders, and I found out how many liberal groups they support. Each year the company I work for forces us to list our "contribution" to the U.N. on a sheet they hand out. I always put (0) down. I give to church and Christian relief organizations, but will not give another penny to the United Way!

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

United way also supports the Red Cross, which while having a good rputation, has been ridden with corruption and also charges victims for their services.

In disaster areas, they charged for coffe while Salvation army GAVE it away.

I will give to Salvation Army first.

HM

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

My favorite charity is the Salvaton Army. Another is the Paralized Veteran.NO $ to United Way!!!!!!!!!!!

10. M-16

M-16 TS Member

The problem with big charity is they have big expense,s I belive UW gives out $.25 on the dollar. Usallly churchs get way more of your dollar to the victim/s
    Can someone explain why a lot of bussiness support UW? They will do payroll deductions for them usally not others thou.

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I think what slide action is saying is the company is asking how much he would like to contribute to United Way for the year and that amount is used to determine the amount deducted from his paycheck each wk. Some of the money gets siphoned off at the national level but they do some good locally. The recipient charities can be designated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.