1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Union head threatens city over Boy Scout

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Charles.F.Phillips, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles.F.Phillips

Charles.F.Phillips TS Member

What a dirtbag Nick Balzano is...

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

SEIU could have done it in 600 hours, and maybe only a few workmens comp claims. The top asshole in this union is Andy Stern, you know the guy who has visited the whitehouse more times then anybody since Jan. (22 times)

3. bocephus

bocephus Member

Where are our "union friends"? They should be here defending their own!

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

EE and Fellow ts.commers:

Forgive a lengthy post...

In the interest of fairness, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) is as much real union as Captain Kangaroo was a real captain.

The SEIU was founded by Wade Rathke. If that name sounds familiar, it may be because Rathke is also the co-founder and creator of Obambi's favorite community organization - Acorn.

The SEIU and Acorn are pretty much joined at the hip. They share street addresses in several locations, financial resources, and personnel including directors. As a practical matter, it isn't possible to discuss either organization without including the other. Following are but a few examples...

Two primary sources of Acorn funding are contributions by organized labor and government grants. Which union, you might ask, is the largest contributor to Acorn? Well home gamers that would be the SEIU.

Acorn and the local chapter of SEIU Local 880 occupy the same building in St. Louis. The treasurer of Local 880 was (and may still be) Dale Rathke who is Wade Rathke's brother. Dale Rathke received attention in the press a few months back because the million dollars he embezzled from the org and because of the institutional cover up that followed.

Among other things, Acorn is noted for its voter registration activities. Ostensibly a non-partisan organization (a snicker is appropriate at this point), the federal government has given a ton of taxpayers' money to Acorn for the purpose of registering undocumented democrats. Had the sh!t not hit the fan; Acorn would have been eyeball deep in the next census as well.

Ignoring the fact that Acorn's voter registration activities are under criminal investigation in something like 20 states, it has been reported Acorn's "non-partisan" registrations may well be responsible for tilting the results in a number of contested congressional districts.

There is apparently no end to the political connections between SEIU, Acorn, and democrats - Obambi and in particular, congressional democrats. I have no objection to these individuals exercising their various constitutional rights - no matter how misguided they might be. However, I object STRENUOUSLY to taxpayer funding of criminal or unethical or purely partisan activities. I further object to political organizations operating under the legal protections intended for and afforded to legitimate labor groups.

Based on what I've seen, I'm not sure why a RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) investigation wouldn't be appropriate.

sissy

PS: In a failed attempt at brevity, I deliberately chose not to cite information sources. Anyone so inclined can google something like "SEIU Acorn connections" or any combination of "SEIU, Acorn, plus the name of a politician of your choice" and you'll find sources for more interconnections than you can read in a year.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Recoil Sissy, A correction to your post is, Rathke (communist) may have embezzled as much as $5 million.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

How about if the city were to pay the scout's troop prevailing wage for the time he has in the clean up? Would that make the union happy?

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Any similarities Between SEIU and working man's unions is purely coincidental and not worth any credence from thinking people.

These snotballs are nothing more than the thug arm of the liberal pukes, most of whom refuse to get their hands dirty.

Starting this post with the word "union" is a rabble rousing misnomer. Henceforth, please us "SEIU" rather than the work "UNION".

HM

8. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I'll step in.

If this path in question was in the works as a city prodject then I can understand why Balzano said something. As president of the local that was his responsibility to do so. He obviously didn't think it through or talk to any of his superiors before he made a statement on this as he embarrassed himself and the union. Unions, as in government, don't always have the best leadership. I believe some posts in the past were running down some of the presidents/board members at the local gun clubs. I don't recall anyone running gun clubs and their members into the ground then.

The issue of unions are like the gun issue. The ones who know the least about them seem to scream the loudest against them.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.