1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Turn signal flasher location 1970 Chevelle SS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi all, I am working on my newly inherited 1970 Chevelle SS 396 after my mother passed away from cancer. I am having trouble finding the flasher location for the turn signals. The flasher on the fuse box apparently is only for the 4-ways, so there must be a flasher somewhere else for the turn signals. If you know or have any ideas where to look, please let me know. Thanks.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

It should be on the left side under the dash by the parking brake. It'll be a round silver thing about 1 1/2" long. It'll be floating around just off the harness.

ss

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

On my '72 it was hanging under the dash(drivers side) and should have a clip that attached it to bracket and had a purple and pink(maybe red) wires i believe. It may have a black wire too but i don't recall for sure on the black. Its just been too long.

4. chemist

chemist Member

they were held in place by a metal spring clamp - some were on the steering column or under it by the lower section of the dash- the sheet metal under the dash is very sharp, so be careful- if one side still flashes you can sometimes feel the ticking - they were either silver or gold in color and some were made by Ideal. when replaced some " mechanics' did not bother to push it back into the holder- hope you are small, young, and flexible - did enough of them

rich k- chemist

5. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Thank you for the replies, It took some effort but I found it. As stated, it was in a spring clip on top of the steering column under the dash. I had to lay under the dash from the pass. side with a mini-maglite to see it and it was actually a 1.25" x .75" rectangle, not the typical round style. Thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1970 chevelle fusible links and turn signals

1970 chevelle turn signal flasher

1970 chevelle turn signal flasher location

1970 chevelle turn signal fuse location

71 chevelle relay location
location turn signal clip chevelle
signal light not working on my 1970 chevelle

turn signal relay location for a 1970 chevelle