1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T-Tsunami satellite pix, Before/After

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

A friend forwarded this to me. Breathtaking satellite pix which will show the impact of the tsunami in Japan. MAKE SURE YOU MOVE YOUR MOUSE OVER EACH PHOTO!

Look at Fujutseka and Noriaga especially....whole forests have disappeared as well as half an island in the middle of the river. In one a river has been revealed that was obscured by the forest canopy before. The very last photo both valleys by the sea area have been "scoured" from the shore inland just like a glacier would produce. They will probably have to bull doze piles of debris and burn it where they pile it. This goes on down the coast for 200 miles.

Nice treatment of the google sat photos here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/events/japan-quake-2011/beforeafter.htm

MAKE SURE YOU MOVE YOUR MOUSE OVER EACH PHOTO!

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. twotimer

twotimer Member

Gene, I spent a couple of years in Japan, 70-72 I have a soft spot in my heart for those people. Lets' keep them in our prayers. They are certainly going to need it. Mike

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Mike, I agree.
    I was in Korea for my overseas tour and only used Japan as a 'stopover'. I do remember buying a Nikon FTN at the military airfield we stopped at. Spent a night in Tokyo, literally just into bed and up early to fly out, so never got to even walk around.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.