1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T True Sportsmanship

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

A true act of sportmanship was held today at the 24 hours of Le Mans. When the race ended and all the hoopla was over, Audi invited all of Peugot's people to a post race party. The Peugot people were greated by a rousing cheer and standing ovation as they entered the party. The Audi folks wanted to say congrat's and show their appreciation for such a fine race. This was a true act of sportsmanship and I only wish that I was there to witness this. A truely rare moment in todays society!

For those of you that don't know, Audi won the race.

ec90t

2. TN Larry

TN Larry TS Member

ANOTHER ACT OF SPORTSMANSHIP!!!

WESTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY softball player Sara Tucholsky hit the first home run of her high school and college career in a game against CENTRAL WASHINGTON. It was a three run shot. In her excitement, she missed first base, then turned back to tag the base and her knee went out. She crawled back to first, but could not walk because of the pain.

Rules prohibited her teammates from helping her around the bases. The umpire said a pinch runner could be used, but the homer would then be ruled a single.

That is when members of the CENTRAL WASHINGTON TEAM picked up Tucholsky and carried her around the bases. It would prove to be the run that eliminated Central Washington from the tournament!

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

There's nothing like being around and friends with a true sportsmen/women! This is an excerpt from an email I received from a trapshooting friend a few days ago. I truly admired his generosity for what he did! A real sportsman for sure!

"There's an old guy at the club who mentioned he's out of shot and powder. I've got 10 bags from last year and a 8 pound jar of Promo, both at last year's prices. He also complained about the Friday club not having a full squad to shoot with. So I promised to meet him there yesterday, took 2 bags of shot and the Promo (he shoots Red Dot, so it'll work) and made damn sure I showed.

I beat him to the club and when he mentioned he was out of stuff to another guy I told him what I had in my trunk. You should have seen him light up. We moved the stuff and he offered to pay. (I wasn't sure he would do this, but I went ahead anyway) $25 per bag and $80 for powder. He's good for a month.

You know what he said? "I've been retired for 20 years and all I think about all day long is shooting. I schedule my reloading and shooting with everything else..."

Gosh it felt good to help this guy.

This was really hard for me to do because there's seems to never be enough money for all the things going on with the kids and the wife...but something in my head says the money will be there."

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.