1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Truck Bedliners

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BIGbill, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGbill

BIGbill TS Member

Want to get a spray in liner for new F150. Any experience with Permatech or rhino liner?

I think I'll get the Perma tech. Can you talk me into it or out of it.

Bill

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

3. TC

TC TS Member

I am very pleased with my Rhino. The guy that did it had about 8 years experience. A coworker had one done by a different guy with about a year of experience, looked like crap. Make sure you find somebody that has been at it a while. Tony

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I did my own ..Herculiner..got it for 89 dollars from Napa auto parts..you get the whole kit..scuff the paint in the bed and the roll it on.

5. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Had three rhino`s with good luck. Good guy putting them in too. Have a couple friends who went the cheapy route. OK but not as nice or thick. I may try the napa roll on next myself the rhino`s have gotten to high.

6. JLW

JLW TS Member

I see used bed liners at the auto scrap yards. If you aren't real particular, you may save some money.

My GMC has a plastic, ribbed bottom type liner which is very hard on the knees and things slide easily inside the bed. Also, the dogs are reluctant to jump onto the tail gate because they can't grip the matching plastic on the tailgate.

If I had to buy something, I'd get the rubber mat.-Jerald

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I have a friend that had an older Chev. PU that was rode hard and put away wet but ran like a scalped cheetah. I don't know which place he went to but he had the whole danged truck coated with the bed liner sans the chrome parts and wheels then re-installed bumpers and all. Sure was the most unique pick up in Eugene, OR for the few months he lived here before transferring to MO. What a red neck rig that was in Cape Giardou or however you spell that village....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. oz

oz Active Member

spray in definitely. i have a rhino, no complaints. aould buy again. oz

9. TC

TC TS Member

You want to be carefull of the plastic liners they will collect water and dust under the plastic resulting in a rusted bed over time. Tony

10. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i have linex in my truck it is very good. warranty is outstanding, i chipped a piece off the size of a pencil eraser on my tailgate and they resprayed the hole tailgate and i didnt have to even sign any papers

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

spray on- gouged it hauling and loading pallets and they redid

now I have a rubber mat- as discussed above- on top of it

spray on- and then rubber mat

regards from Iowa

Gen

12. ThorsDad

ThorsDad TS Member

bigbill, get the rhino . On my wife's truck I had them match the paint she get's people asking about it all the time . Jay

13. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

Line-X > Rhino

www.fullsizechevy.com has a HUGE poll about it and Line-X came out on top IIRC by a large margin.

14. skip

skip Member

Line-X with rubber floor mat on my F150. Had it done six months ago.

I saw one done with "Reflex" it's actually a little softer and applied thicker than my Line-X.

The Line-X is applied hot, dries in about 3 seconds.

15. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

My local Rhino dealer is a bone-head and so i had to go looking for a different type of liner. I found a Linex dealer about 45 minutes away, so i checked it out. Linex had better reviews than the Rhino liner. Also Linex is sprayed on hot which helps it bond to the surfaces better, where as Rhino is a cold application. again it is preference, noone had anything nice to say about my local Rhino so i went Linex. They are both good products, it just really matters how good the installer is.

Mike S.

16. Bob in Georgia

Bob in Georgia TS Member

Line-X is the one I chose for my '99 Chevy Silverado ... still looks great and she only has 211,311 miles on her. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Take care, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.