1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Tron's movie review- A NEW LOW

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tron, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Last night, I was playing pool at my buddy's house and there was a movie playing on his big screen called "Shoot Em' Up". Now, I know that I've complained about a lot of movies in the past, such as "Moulin Rouge" and "300" but, this film is hands down the WORST movie that I have ever witnessed.

It is packed with tons of incredibly stupid computer generated special effects that will leave you laughing your ass off. What's more is that if you are a gun owner, you will absolutely be STUNNED and bewildered with any of the action sceens (and there's plenty of them).

Moulin Rouge, formerly my choice as the DUMBEST movie of all time has been replaced by this fine film by a country mile.

You MUST see this to understand where I'm coming from.

Tron

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Your such a d@*n critic. Lighten up as some may enjoy. With your obvious "tastes" the rest will probably actually enjoy the movie...

So you play pool too.....

3. Tron

Yeah, I'll whip your tail in pool.....right after Galaga.

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tron, wasn't planning on watching it, but now it has my curiosity. Worst movie ever? I guess it is sorta like wanting to watch a car wreck. Nothing good comes out of it, but you still want to see it.

Worst movie of all time? For me it was "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure II" only time I got up and left a movie theatre half way through. Rotten, and I liked their first movie.

Another picture to make the worst movie list is "Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes". Anybody else see that one?

Bisi

5. Tron

Bisi, funny that you mention car wreck. There was one scene where the hero gets into a head on colision with the bad guys who were in a van. The hero flies through both winshields, lands inside the van and shoots all of the bad guys dead. There is also a scene where he is shooting up all of these bad guys (who were all really awful shots) WHILE he's doing a chic.

I'm dumbfounded. I don't know where to begin with this film.

Tron

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Tron, no I'll admit that Iam pathetic at pool. I just thought that while I was there playing Galaga that you may be able to give me a few lessons. I would really like to learn to play but have never really had anyone to do so. Maybe we could make little side bets to hopefully increase my learning curve... I'd trully appreciate your assistance if you would be a willing teacher.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Guess I will go rent it now. I just gotta see the guy go through 2 windshields and then he comes out shooting.

Talking about bad shots. Remember the 2nd or 3rd "Rambo" movie where hundreds of North Vietnames are shooting at Rambo with AK47s and heavy machines guns and he is using a bow and arrow and Johnny J Rambo whips their a*s?

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I also thought Moulin Rouge was the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. I like Musicals, too (one of the BEST ones was Stormy Weather with Lena Horne and Cab Calloway).

Based on Tron's comparison to the lowest-of-the-lows, I will avoid Shoot 'Em Up like the plague.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I thought that Moulin Rouge was a brilliant piece of film making. It's not a musical in the sense of "Singing In The Rain" but for me it was an absolute joy.

Eric

10. Tron

Mixer, you are the only human being that I know of that suffered through that movie and enjoyed it. I mean the ONLY one.

Tron

11. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Moulin Rouge: Hopelessly incoherent. Cinema is supposed to be story telling, right?

300: Grotesque. A live-action cartoon. (No wonder most people are ignorant of History.) The true story is much more interesting and edifying, so why they felt it necessary to resort to so much factual distortion is beyond me.

I'm stunned, I agree with Tron. As to "Shoot 'Em Up", thanks for the review.

12. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Saw about 5 minutes of it myself last night. Didn't get past the 'cute pregnant blond in short skirt gives birth during fire-fight and then catches one in the fore-head scene'.

Didn't see enough to give it my worst-movie-ever rating, that still belongs to 'Zardoz'

Jim

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Tron,

These movies sometimes enjoy a great afterlife as cult classics of over-the-topness. Chainsaw Massacre comes to mind, Big Momma with Angie Dickinson comes to mind too.

And there was once a movie about killer domesic cats that lay siege to a small city. I forget the name...but my cats liked it.

David

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Tron,

I assure you that I did not suffer and I kind of doubt that I was the only one who enjoyed it. The first 20 minutes of the movie were for me a bit agonizing but then it just took off and became a joy to experience. Obviously we have different tastes in movies as movies with a high body count are not on my list of favorites.

Eric

15. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

If I might offer a personal recomendation, I rented "Iron Man" (sci-fi genre) last night and it was a lot of fun. Robert Downey Jr was perfectly cast as the hero and underplayed the part to perfection and Gyneth Paltro as the love interest....well lets just say I have a thing for her. Best $1 rental in a long time. Looking forward to "Iron Man 2".

Eric

16. Tron

Well, I thought Iron man was stupid.....and I wont see the sequil either. I guess that we have different tastes in movies.

Tron

17. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I didn't say it was smart, I said it was fun. "Vive La Differance"

Eric

18. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

"The first 20 minutes of the movie were for me a bit agonizing" That's all I could watch before shutting it off and returning the DVD.

If you are a girl, the eye candy is a very good reason to watch 300. :)

19. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Tron, Mixer, I'm starting to worry about you guys. Moulin Rouge?? What the hell were you guys thinking? The name itself, says "chick flick" didn't you guys watch a preview? No real man would be caught watching a movie in the same cinema/plex that, that movie was being showed at. I wouldn't even admit to watching it, if I had. I haven't! The only way you could have got me to watch that movie was if I had paid for the hotel room in advance and the hotel had a no refund policy!!!

Where you guys from? Gotta be either Detroit or the Miamia/Boca area? Which one? LOL!

20. BMC

BMC Member

Tron, we don't share the same taste in movies :) Saw Shoot Em Up earlier in the year, eventually bought the DVD and have watched it many times since. Its far from realistic, but a good two hours or less of entertainment. I also liked 300.
    The GF and I just saw a good movie today. Max Payne. It has a Shoot Em Up flavor in a way, similar gothic feel and exceptional graphics. Stars Mark Wahlberg.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2jAEoBz6RY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2jAEoBz6RY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.