1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Tree Lounge tree stand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WIN12 MAN, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Any opinions on 'Tree Lounge ' climber stands //
    safety // weight// ease of use etc. Anyone deer hunting with one.
    looking to buy used one in good shape .

Thanks Win

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Very comfortable but heavy. I had one and I've sold a pile of them. It's a great climber if you can leave it in place. Not something you would want to carry in and out unless you're young and strong. Jackie B.

3. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Jack,
    How much weight we talking about //?

win

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

+1 on what Shooting Jack said. So comfortable that you could spend all day in one and you would want to after lugging it into the woods. The base tree lounge weighed 28 pounds IIRC and if you added a pad or the bow hunting adapter it went over 32 pounds. Square frame and cross bars so a corner was always digging into you when you carried it. The bow hunting adapter was at the foot of the stand so when you were standing up to shoot you were on a springboard about 3 to 4 feet away from the tree. I used mine for a season and then sold it just like the guy I got it from.

--- Chip King ---

5. WTW

WTW Member

I have one and it is heavy so I made up wheels for it. It is a great stand for rifle but not to good for regular bow hunting. It is a fast climber and very safe. I am 67 years old and have taken it just about every were. With the wheels it makes a good cart for removing game. I have a summit which I use most of the time now. Its not as safe but lighter and easer to setup.

I would sell the Tree Lounge. I have the pad, pillow and seat cushion . Its very easy to spend all day in it.

Email me if interested. Ted

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hauling one into the woods on a ATV is ideal! Really comfortable for every kind of elevated hunting except stand up bow hunting shots. My nephew has one and he loves his!

Hap

7. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Get a Treewalker!! They are made in the USA and they are very comfortable and light.They are lightweight but solid.It holds 350 lbs and weighs about 18 lbs.I am 6'-5" and it's the best one I have ever used.It will out last the treelounge .Just get some shotgun slings to use for padded carrying straps.Couger claw is another USA made climber that is very comfortable.Leave the Chinese stuff alone!PJ

8. dk

dk Member

I have had one for 15 years. The Tree lounge is a very comfortable stand to stay in all day, I have spent many a day in it without geting down out of the tree. It is the safest stand that I ever used. It is also the heavist. If you can leave it at the tree for the season, you will like it. Get the bowhunting adapter for it if you can.
    David Kline

9. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Thanks for the info /// win

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tree lounge tree stand manual