1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Torque Specs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by m70win, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m70win

m70win Member

I got a Wheeler Torque Screw Driver and gunsmithing bit set for Christmas.Does anybody now the specs for sope ring and base screws? I know that action screws should be around 60 inch pounds.

Tim

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

A few pounds short of snapping the heads off which I am not sure what that snappage poundage would be ... sorry.

3. m70win

m70win Member

Thanks Lumper. Thats how I used to go about it. But know I'm hoping to not break anymore heads off.

Tim

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Have you checked to see if the manufacture of the rings has a website that would have that information?

5. nicky

nicky Member

Tim you might go to google and type in machine screw torque spec's. If you know the size say, 6x40, 8x32 or whatever and the grade (which will be hard to know on small machine screws), so to be safe use the lower end of the torque chart. And clean the threads and apply a (very) small amount of non harding 242 loctite.

Good luck, Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.