1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Toby Kieth backs Obama

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mixer, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The AP reports that Toby Kieth is backing Obama. Who would have thought?

Eric

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I guess he is a commie liberal who supports terrorism and hates his country too.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Here's the full article"

Toby Keith praises Obama
    Published: 8/19/08, 5:05 PM EDT
    By RYAN PEARSON
    LOS ANGELES (AP) - Barack Obama is getting praise from Nashville, courtesy of one big, patriotic country star.

Toby Keith, perhaps best known to non-country audiences for his post-Sept. 11 song "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue," says he's a Democrat, and was impressed by the senator from Illinois.

Keith has said in the past that the 2002 song - which included lines aimed at the Taliban like "we lit up your world like the Fourth of July" - was more patriotic than pro-war.

Asked while promoting his new movie "Beer For My Horses" about the role of patriotism in the current presidential election, Keith replied: "There's a big part of America that really believes that there is a war on terrorism, and that we need to finish up.

"So I thought it was beautiful the other day when Obama went to Afghanistan and got educated about Afghanistan and Iraq. He came back and said some really nice things.

"So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I think if Toby Keith had a brain he would be dangerous ... Hope he moves to Middle East so he can be with them Rag Heads being as he thinks so highly of them ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

He is impressed by a presidential candidate who is still proud of his associations with known terrorists who's dream was to bring down America as we know it. Sounds real patriotic to me. What an idiot. Watched a show of the history of Obama on Fox news last evening. The more you know him the scarier he gets. A good show.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I guess that John Rich, of Big N Rich fame, did a pro McCain song on some show the other night. Toby told John that he should let the people decide for themselves and not get involved.

I wonder how well received Toby's movie will be now?

ec90t

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I saw the Toby Keith interview he did with Glenn Beck on which this story is based. As always with the AP and LA Times, his comments were taken out of context. He never said he was supporting Obama. He was being slightly complimentary of both candidates. RD version, don't believe anything you read that starts out "AP"

8. 5spd

5spd TS Member

That does it....I am not buying any of his music.......Oh wait I dont anyway....:)

9. BLKLABS

BLKLABS TS Member

JBROOKS- Thanks for clearing that up. I was in a little bit of disbelief when I started reading that. Just because someone is a democrat doesnt mean that they are supporting a idiot for office.

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

well you see how good the movie done--- was s***y rick

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

There are a lot of hard working, true American Democrats who have discovered their Party has been hijacked by ultra-leftwing, America hating radicals who showed up enforce at Democratic Caucuses in the early primary states and outsmarted the Witch and slipped in their greasy, 3 card monte Marxist for the nomination.

They will not vote for Obama figuring Hillary can beat a 4 year older McCain in 2012

12. hoov

hoov Member

I may never buy another FORD product. {E}

13. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Tim McGraw IS a hard core Demunist and has stated that Bill Clinton is the best president we ever had!!!

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Brooks: right on. The same can be said of the liberal movement which once was a noble cause, later hijacked by far left America haters.

Unfortunately, the Democrats have the albatross firmly anchored around their neck.

HM

15. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Why would anybody care what an entertainer thinks? Entertainers can sing, act, or do some other thing for which people would pay to see or hear them. That doesn't make their opinions worth anything more than that of anyone else, and often less than people who have really studied the issues.

16. The Kolar Kid

The Kolar Kid TS Member

Living in Nashville and around the music business allot, I can tell you I have personally met Toby Keith and he is an arrogant @ssho!e... His singing sucks with his billy-goat vibrato... It still amazes me how some of these so called artist ever get record deals in the first place.

Toby Keith is an idiot and nothing that guy does surprises anyone in this town...

KK

17. Landshark

Landshark Member

Yeah, but Toby's a rich idiot.

None of the Nashville singers can hold a candle to the likes of Texas music artists like Pat Green (before Nashville), Joe Eley, Towns Van Zandt (RIP), Ray Wylie Hubbard, Charlie Robison, Randy Rogers Band, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and Robert Earl Keen Jr. who wrote The road goes on forever and the Party Never Ends just to name a few.

18. Juno

Juno TS Member

This is really a drag. I was really hoping this wasn't true, or had been twisted. Especially after Toby initially said this:<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6hC4GdFOYQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6hC4GdFOYQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Who gives a rat's ass what any celebrity thinks. If anyone supports a candidate for any election because a celebrity supports them then they are more brain dead than the celebrities...Bill

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    WTF is Toby Kieth? And why should I care?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.