1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Those fun loving dogs did it again!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Doggy door huh.

That'll make people think.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They were trying to get away from a vicious Golden Retriever.

HM

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Yep or maybe a Yorky pup!

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I have a question. Why were these dogs running loose in the first place? also where was the owner and will this person/persons be held responsible? I doubt it very much.

Bob Lawless

5. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

The dogs broke off of their chains and then through a fence to get out. The 'owner' owns one of the dogs and was 'dogsitting' the other. He's 19 I think. Here's the funny thing. This kid stepped up to the plate and accepted responsibility. He owned up. It doesn't happen much any more. While what happened is/was wrong, at least someone taught this kid the meaning of the word 'responsibility'

6. halfmile

With all the bad happenings, It would seem to me that special treatment of certain breeds might be necessary.

At least from the security standpoint. Many of the incidents reported have been from dogs that got loose somehow.

Is it possible that ownership should include responsibility to make damn sure they don't get loose?

I am thinking in terms of approved enclosures, inspection of such, etc.

This is the alternative to killing them all.

HM

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

heh...never heard so many "conservative" sound like whiny liberals.

"they're bad dogs...outlaw them!"

8. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

If you run a red light and kill someone, chances are good that you'll get a big fine associated with the ticket and your insurance company and possibly you will pay out big bucks from the civil suit. But you'll go about your life when it's over. On the other hand if you ran that light because you had been drinking, you might be charged with a homicide sending you to jail. I have a good friend who’s sister is currently serving a 5yr prison sentence for that very thing. At least here in Arizona the courts look at "gross negligence" when deciding the course of action to use in these cases. A few years ago here in AZ a couple, both lawyers were charged when their PB attacked a fellow condo resident. Prosecutors and juries consider your action and owning PBs is more and more becoming an action deemed by most of society as being irresponsible. So IMHO I’m betting that we’re going to see more and more of the owners of these dogs charged criminally when someone is hurt because the owner fails to control these known killers.

9. halfmile

There is risk involved with keeping PBs and it should be known. From there on it's up to the individual if he wants to take the risk.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

HM

10. WWB

WWB Member

If you own one of the dogs on "the list" you had better tell your home owners insurance policy--if you don't and he damages something or someone they can leave you standing all alone in the cold wind! If you do fess up to owning one chances are good your premium will go up.
    Bill

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Buying a dog license is a joke, it's the owners that should be licensed!!

Ankle biter size, $100.00 per year

PBs $10,000.00 bucks per year. Just a way of testing their love for specific breeds? :) Hap

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

and if you own a .22 a $100.00 per year license...and 12 gauge shotgun..$10,000 per year. Just a way of testing your love for specific firearms. :)

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And don't think for one second that there aren't anti-gunners who have thought of that.

14. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

exactly...not a pleasant thought.

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Difference is, my shotgun or .22 won't escape my safe and walk over to the neighbors and create a nightmare as a PB can/would/did. I feel the same way about people importing any dangerous animal (as a so called pet) lion, tiger and many more considered dangerous. Only a liberal could make such a comparison between an inanimate object (gun) and a live dangerous animal with a straight face. Of course we know how liberals operate. Congress is full of them. Hap

16. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

how about a gun left unattended being like a vicious dog not correctly secured?

it's a stretch, i'll give you that...but it still boils down to personal responsibility.

I've met too many babydoll pitbulls to believe that they're inherently vicious. Matter o' fact...I've met more vicious chihuahua's than I have pitbulls. I've seen more Chows muzzled and on a leash than I have pitbulls. It used to be said that poodles were the meanest breed of dogs around.

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

chihuahua's make good toe nail trimmers. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.