1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T This just in! Tony Romo still stinks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by X2 fan, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

What a pathetic display of football by Romo today. I would submit that he single-handedly is the reason the Cowboys lost today. Nice job of protecting the ball Tony!

When one thought that he had finally turned the corner these past 3-4 games and had stopped sucking, he reverts to the form of the rest of his career.

Why did Dallas stop pressuring Favre after the 1st quarter?

Tim

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Vikings where all over them like stink on you know what, thats why ...
    Every time Romo looked for a reciever all he saw was Purple and white on big black guys come down on him ... Farve had a ball and so did his team mates while putting the hurt on the Dallas players ... They were zigging and zagging and then zagging and zigging all over the place ... Romo thought he was out there by himself ... Farve even had Dallas players blocking for him ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. KS user

KS user TS Member

It's hard to throw the football if you don't have the protection.Ithink the offensive line is to blame in this situation.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Damn.. I wanted Dallas for the Saints..

5. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Trying to remember which QB the Dallas fans ran off because they thought Romo was the second coming of Roger.

Some days its good to be a Vikings fan, and I still haven't forgiven a certain owner for how he treated Coach Landry.

HJH

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I think the stat was 39 drop backs by Romo and 29 sacks or hits taken. I think he is good but not great. As stated before he turns the ball over to frequently. I am a lifelong Cowboys fan starting with the Tony Dorsett and Danny White era.
    Doug Allison

7. 27 yrdz

27 yrdz TS Member

Dallas hasn't had a line since Aikman had all thos 325+pounders in front of him n Emmitt. Johnson knew how to draft and find talent .....after all the players he put in place either retired or left to free agency , that team ahsn't been the same ....ya gotta have a line first ..don't matter what QB you have if ya don't ...........look at Favre, he got murdered in Green Bay at the end all the time and even at New York .......now he has a Offensive line and look out ....that game between them and the Saints should be the game of the year .....

8. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I kinda thought he did very well today. Of course I was rootin for the Vikings. Bulge.

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Ole' Jerry Jones looked like he could puke on the sidelines today. I wouldn't want to be Romo or Wade Phillips if I got paged to Jerry's office.

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

He hasn't been the same since he broke up with Jessie.... lol

11. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

As a PA resident and an EAGLES fan who has seen MORE-THAN-ENOUGH examples of Quarterbeck blunders in pivotal football games over the past 10 years, or so - I can truly feel for the loyal Dallas followers.

Perhaps Tony Romo can join Donovan McNabb, and they can form a 2-man sandbox volleyball team at a local kiddie park. I'd let them play on the beach, but I'm sure that the sound of the incoming waves would cause them to scramble and panic, and toss the ball into the ground at each other's feet - assuming they did not trip over their OWN feet first........just as they seem to do when an opposing lineman comes crashing their way.

Personally - I was hoping for a match-up between Favre and Aaron Rodgers in the NFC title game. After biding his time behind Favre in Green Bay, Rodgers has shown more talent and (more importantly) HEART as a starting quarterback in the NFL, than McNabb or Romo will ever possess.

BTW.........Jerry Jones is an A$$HOLE of the highest caliber. That jerk deserves every failure that his beloved "America's Team" delivers to him.

All of the above is just my opinion, however........*smiles*

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

He had no time to work. Not all his fault.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Think of how Romo feels now that Jessica got her boobs done according to TMZ and it sure looked like she did ... She was a stone fox before and now she's a deadly knockout for those Boob guys, me I'm a leg man and she got them too, if only she could sing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Romo is a mediocre QB considering all the talent we see in the NFL. The difference in that game was heart. The Vikings came to play and Dallas was just not putting their best effort in.

In that first long pass for a touchdown the Dallas defender didn't even try to push the guy out of bounds let alone tackle him. No, it's not Romo's fault this year. Dallas just all around didn't play.

15. maka

maka Member

Did any of you notice how Farve was talking to Romo after the game. I do believe Farve was attempting to reasure Romo that he Romo,is still a good player and do not let anyone tell you different. Say what you want, Farve is still a class act.

16. 27 yrdz

27 yrdz TS Member

just another perfect example of " a good defense beats a great offense every time" ......it just showed how much more of a defense the Vikes had than Philly .........no other QB could have won that game with the same line in front of em ....and Jones is getting all he deserves for thinking he knows more about the game than Jimmy Johnson did.....I think the game between Minn and Nola is gonna be a goodun ..

17. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

wasn't the kicker and favre rejects of the packers?

18. EE

EE Banned User Banned

How do you blame that pathetic loss on Romo??? Sure Romo sucks, but he doesn't block and he doesn't play defense.

Favre rocks. Give 'em hell, you washed up, worthless old fart!!!

EE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.