1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T The US Dollar

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

There is a bright side to this situation. If the dollar remains weak, the cost of imports will increase and this should stimulate production of goods within the US.

Pat Ireland

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

We have been "outsourcing" manufacturing jobs by the millions for years!!!!! We no longer need to stimulate production of goods,,because we can't!!!!!!

Before you buy gold and store it better think on this!!!! Two years ago,,Bank of America struck a deal with the federal government that goes like this,,,,In case of a depression Bank of America has given the okay for all safety deposit boxes to be opened and all gold confiscated!!!! During a depression it will be ILLEGAL for a citizen to possess gold!!!!!!!!!!

If Bush opens the ball and involves all of the Middle East,,,,we are looking right down the throat of a "global depression" exactly like what happened more than 1000 years ago during the depression that seized the world during the Great Crusades!!!! All the pieces are in place for this to occur!!!!!

Now comes the huge increase in food prices gentlemen!!!!! Its all coming fast now,,faster than I originally thought!!!!!! And to think-----Bush still has another year!!!!!!!!!!!!! And look at oil futures up to Nov.08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NWO is going to level the playing field!!!!! America will become as poor a nation,,,(or "as poor" as can be made) as the rest of the world,,,,thats the only way the "corporate world" can work!!! There won't be any need to go anywhere for cheap labor,,,it will be all around them,,in all countries!!!

In the future,,,when we are dead and gone,,,America won't need any borders at all!!! It will be one big North American Union,,one big happy family of corporate owners and corporate politicions!!!!

But one thing you can count on is this---------American Men will not lift a finger to defend their own constitution!!!!!! American Men will stand by and watch as it all unfolds,,just as they have been!!!!

AKA Grammie............

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Pat Ireland is correct. This happened in the past aginist the Yen and the Mark. So, what's new, the BMW's cost a few more bucks. Just means more sales for Cat & John Deer overseas.

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

What I found interesting is that a foreign model, musicians and a couple of actors have objected to be paid in American dollars. They have negotiated their contracts to be paid in Euro dollars. That in itself along with the Chinese looking to devaluate their currency will have a deepening effect on the US dollar! **It makes foreign or emerging market investments very lucrative**

The good thing is that the American GDP is so big and still expanding. Once the stock market shakes out the financial losses of Citigroup, Washington Mutual, Countrywide, Fannie Mae etc the market will rebound. Even with these set backs the Dow is still up 8% overall. It's still all about confidence and what those on Wall Street hold as speculation!

Rick

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Oh come on Grammie if we go into depression those that have gold won't all keep it in the Bank of America. So what if they take the gold in the safe deposit boxes? What's that going to do for the banks and the government? I would rather have potatos than gold when we are in depression. Whatcha think? If we have to devalue the dollar at home like the Mexican peso not so long ago how will that effect our bank accounts and our retirements? That thought has me nervous. I don't know how to get around loosing what I have or a large percentage of it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm food for thought here. Hope it doesn't come to that. Dan

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Invest in Prostitution!.....On a hole, its the best money maker and there's no overhaed!

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"Before you buy gold and store it better think on this!!!! Two years ago,,Bank of America struck a deal with the federal government that goes like this,,,,In case of a depression Bank of America has given the okay for all safety deposit boxes to be opened and all gold confiscated!!!! During a depression it will be ILLEGAL for a citizen to possess gold!"</I>

Grammie,

That power was granted to the President (FDR at the time) under a weak, vague and ultimately short-sighted interpretation of the War Powers Act of 1917. The power still remains with the President although the actual confiscation would be the responsibility of the Treasury Department.

Assuming that our Government leaders remember anything from the Great Depression, they would remember that Roosevelt's confiscation of gold was just about the least productive decision made at the time. Had he left the gold in the hands of those citizens who had had enough foresight to couch some of their savings in gold, he would have doubled their buying power overnight and left much-needed disposable capital in the hands of consumers. But thinking that the gold was more valuable locked in the treasury, he did the only wrong thing he could have done at the time.

No one knows what the government would do the next time the situation presents itself.

Morgan

8. webley

webley TS Member

As already pointed out - the lower dollar should be very good news for US companies selling goods overseas – BUT – as far as US made consumer goods are concerned (as sold in the UK at least) not all of the price reduction is being passed to the consumer.

The price of the most expensive US consumer products (like vehicles) has reduced somewhat but the price of less expensive US products (which probably form the bulk of trade) has dropped very little or not at all. This stifles what would have been extra demand for what should be cheaper goods. The end result is the foreign consumer gains little & the US based manufacturer doesn’t see as much extra demand for what should be very competitively priced products.

Someone certainly gains – but it’s not the important ones at either end of the chain.

Regards

Russell

9. grammie

grammie TS Member

Capt. Morgan:

"All things come round again",,We shall repeat the same mistakes again,,,its human nature!!!

Dahaub:

All gold would be confiscated,,no vendor would accept it,,or could he for that matter...

But,,I would imagine that a Baby Ruth candy bar would be worth killing for under the right conditions!!! A good rifle makes potatoes easy to come by!!!

The dollar continues to shrink in the face of rising inflation,,,national debt at 10 "trillion dollars"!!!!! Fuel about to skyrocket past the 4 dollar mark and maybe 5 dollars!!! Oil above 90 per barrel,,,,,FOOD-------about to take a "gigantic leap" into the stratosphere,,,,,,,and the dollar weak and declining,,,,,add that up,,,,and every single thing that the consumer wants or thinks they need is about to cost-----MORE!!!

As I have said,,,,"we are moving unto another plateau of pricing" as we continue to outsource everything we once owned!!!!!

Already in Arizona and California,,,the American Farmer is threatning to move south of the border!!! The costs have become---"insurmountable"!!!!

A huge monster is about to become unleashed and is awaiting in the wings,,,,it is a beast which the american people are going to bleed over!!!!! On top of everything else,,plus another possible war,,and just maybe the cost of Oil above 120 dollars per barrel,,,We are about to have the "largest,,biggest ever---TAX INCREASE...............A tax,,on everything!!!! Even the "air" you breath!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie.............

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Grammie is Trapshooters Nostradamus.

11. grammie

grammie TS Member

How does one equate seeing the "truth of things" as being a "miserable old coot"????

If I have made an error in the above post,,it would certainly surprise me!!! That being said,,,,,I wonder????? If one is to be named "miserable old coot" for accepting "what is",,,,,then what should the name be for a person that sees the same thing I do happening all around,,but fails to understand what he sees,,and then lashes out at the very messenger for lifting the veil fo what shall be????

Nostradamus????? he sat in front of a burning candle,,dipped his hand into a pail of water,,,went into a trance-like state and just wrote what he saw!!!

In reality,,,,he was "far in advance" in his thinking,,,,,Like Michaelangelo,,he was a genius (which there is a fine line between genius and insanity) and to the average person of the time,,seemed almost 'witch-like' to the average sheep/peasant!!!! The works and lives of people like those were "extraordinary" to the people of those times,,,"extraordinary" even when compared to royalty!!! Truly,,these were people born into the wrong century and had thoughts far beyond the average!!!!!

If you study and understand a thing,,,,then looking ahead and connecting dots to see the outcome of said thing,,,then it can appear as if you are simply making predictions!!! But alas,,,there is a world of differance between predicting and making an educated,,studied breakdown of events that all connect to tell a story that has not happened yet,,but will!!!!

AKA Grammie............

12. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

George Bush will save us from all of that. WON'T HE ?

13. BT99er

BT99er TS Member

XXXX webley,s post, the only one on the subject that is accurate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

As usual, Grammie cuts through the crap.

15. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

waterhouse,-- There are some freebee benifits doled out by the Government, but if you think Veterans beneifits are a "something for nothing" benifit, I strongly suggest you visit a veterans hospital once in awhile! Those vets you want to deny benifits to made it possible for the freedoms you so easily take for granted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.