1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Thank you Minnesota

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Littleboots, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

Gone to Minn look at espn or local

2. Harb

Harb TS Member

See link for more info - Minny is paying him 1.8 million per year.

3. MnNana

MnNana TS Member

Hairy, I am afraid it is true... Mn need a new A.D. I don't think with the new football or basketball coach we will be any better. We need a new leader in sports to change the programs around..

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Both are major improvements over what we had. I'm betting on Brewski to have the Gopes in a major bowl w/i 3 years. Smith will have them back in the Big Dance in 3 years.

5. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Being in Florida, I haven't heard, did we get a football coach yet?

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

You can't be serious,Pride?

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Lit: I've heard many times he doesn't know his ass from 1st base but I can't say I've heard anybody talk about his football knowledge or lack thereof. RLR

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Why would the University pay anyone that much to coach a sport? Minnesota has thrown so much of its taxpayers' hard-earned money after Musselman, Darville, Moss, stadiums, North Stars, Target center, what'shisname Seckel and that amazing Lou Holtz ripoff artist you'd think we'd maybe put two brain cells together and decide its time to send the whole lot of these grifters packing but no, the next one stands up and says he can bite the head off a chicken and we say "OK, I'll pay a few million for that; finally something worth watching!"

For those that missed it, recently in MN some "school" up north - Hibbing? - closed down it's football program because no one was going to school. There were three players from the upper Midwest, 22 from Florida, and the taxpayers of Minnesota had somehow been conned into paying for these guys' apprenticeship in the NFL because - what? - because we cared what the win/loss record of Hibbing State was? Give me a break!

It's a con. Time to shut off the money spigot and see what the "quality of life" around here would be like if we weren't burning our money on nonsense like this.

If history is any guide, in a couple of years we'll be paying twice that to make him go away so why not just eliminate the middleman and hire the next one instead?

Neil

9. MnNana

MnNana TS Member

Neil, If Tubby shoots 10,000 federal papers a year, and has not cleaned the barrel out in 10 years,will the plastic build up affect the pattern??

RFM

10. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Ok, the Lit got his chance to pick on me again, won't he ever get over the fact he can't outshoot me, or out write me for that matter, and hitapair wants to know if I'm serious, of course I'm serious. Apparently we hired a coach, you would think it would be easier to just tell me who it is?

Mn Nana, you're a reasonable person, you'd have to be to be married to an old gopher, tell me please, who the hell is the football coach they hired?

I'd like to at least know his name before they fire him.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Hired Tim Brewster as the coach. His son had verbally committed to Illinois but signed w/ the Gopes and is supposed to be a top QB prospect. Breskie has been an assistant in both college and pros. His line of BS makes you look like a piker. Unlike Mason, he is a real outgoing social animal. He shows up everywhere in the TC. A real Rah Rah type of coach whose optimism and entusiasm are very contagious. Not unlike Lou Hoax. We'll have to wait and see about his football coaching skills. Signed a number of very experienced assistants.

By the 10:00 o'clock news last night the Gopes were claiming over 100 season tickets had been sold by the news that Tubby was the new coach.

12. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Pride, If you want Brewski's bio, go to Gophersports.com; click on Sports; click on Football; then click on Breski's smiling face.
    Sid boy just got done w/ his 6:40 program and is all pumped up about Tubby. Can't believe he'd take the job when both Michigan and Iowa are open; big rebuilding job Blah, blah, blah. Season tickets sold are now over 300 according to Sid.
    Time to go to work. Adios!

13. DJM

DJM Member

Well said Neil. Cold Omaha? Bring it on, I am tired of paying for this BS.
    Don Miller

14. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Hairy, by my sign off on that thread it should be clear what I'm doing. The sirens have stopped long b4 I deal w/ them.

15. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Thanks for the info Hitapair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.