1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T termite spray question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigbore613, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

What is the best commercial termite spray ? I have some sheds I would like to protect and do not want to pay the crazy price to have it done when I can do it myself. Thanks , Jeff

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Hello all, I am looking for commercial spray in liquid form not a fogger. There must be a Trapshooter in the pest control biz. Jeff

3. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Beleive it or not, If you have ants, use corn meal. They can not digest it and they die. Do not know if it will work for termites though.

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Exterminators get rid of termites by creating a barrier between the termites and their food which in this case is your shed. They pump poison into the ground around foundation to create a barrier. If you have posts in the ground they will come up through the posts, can't spray the middle of the posts. Contrary to popular opinion they eat treated wood after about 10 years. If the termites have to use mud tubes to get to the wood they'll be easy to control. Otherwise you better call someone if you value your buildings.

5. Cy-Kick

Cy-Kick TS Member

Jeff, not sure what your intent is, I will try to read between the lines.

Any contact spray insecticide will work if you are spraying swarming termites. Talstar.(*Cannot be sold to : MA, NY, CT, SC,VT, HI, AK)
    or Permethrin.(*Not for sale in NY. ,CT. SC., VT.)

If you are treating around the foundation (underground) Termidor or Phantom. It is also resticted for sale in certain states via internet but may be available locally. These are residual and will act as a berrier and as termites migrate through they absorb it through contact.

Another way if you do not have termites but want to protect against them is to use bait monitors. They must be inspected every couple months and if they do show signs, you then replace with a poison.(available at home improvement stores)

6. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I have been in the pest elimination business for twenty five years and in fact one of my techs who has been with me for 20yrs. was recently voted one of the top four Termite techs in the country.Call me and I will help you.Dennis @781-910-0313.or email@DennisMastrolia@verizon.net

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Man....don't you know you don't SPRAY termites.....you get 'em with Number 9 shot!

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Anticipating future thread titled- I fought the termites and the termites won.

9. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

Chlordane did a great job and lasted a long time, but it's been banned. Nothing available now even comes close. Every now and then you'll find some Chlordane for sale on Craig's List and elsewhere.

10. M-16

M-16 TS Member

CHLORDANE good stuff but the problem is it does not stop working and it just keep soaking future into the ground until it hit the water table, bad news.

11. mike b.

mike b. Member

Get Rot is really "Git Rot" as per a google!

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Dennis , I will contact you tonight , Thanks, Jeff

13. rosies dad

rosies dad Member

Try contacting www.doyourownpestcontrol.com (seriously) they have info and chemicals and whatevers you need to fight the bugs.
    I had an infestation of carpenter bees in my house, and their stuff did the trick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.