1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T TAXES after 2008 ElectionO/t

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ahab, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I heard there will be a "Short Form" version:

How much did you make?

How much do you have left?

Send it to us.

2. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Ron Paul wants to eliminate income tax altogether. Waterhouselake is correct, the framers clearly intended to prohibit any form of income tax (Federalist 45 and 48 are the best references for this if I remember correctly) but the supreme court found that the federal government had the authority to charge an income tax via the interstate commerce clause of the Constitution of all places!

Ictrapshooter, the tax on home sales (under Obama's proposal) of 28% does not count for first time sales of homes and sales of homes by persons over the age of 65 (as long as they don't use the proceeds to purchase a new home).

I don't mind paying reasonable taxes to cover the costs of necessary municipal projects and institutions--defense, police, fire, highway departments, education. My complaint is that we are over taxed and then the money is spent wastefully...

...but when politicians like Ron Paul or the Congressman from Arizona (can't remember his name--he's the one who objects to all pork barrel riders in spending bills) try to buck the system, they are called quacks by the mainstream.

Walker

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Democrats = taxes, someone has to pay for health care and education of illegal aliens some one has to pay for graft that is bueraucracy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.