1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Tax Rebate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ATF Agent, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATF Agent

ATF Agent TS Member

Some folks interpret this article to mean that those who normally get no tax refund don't have to repay the tax rebate, while those of us that do normally receive a refund would have to repay the rebate.

Are there any accountants or IRS folks out there?

Thanks,

ATF

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So they borrow money from us to give to us ane we have to pay back what they borrowed to give to us.

Clear as mud.

HM

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Well gang, look at it this way. Now we get to squander another 157 billion that we don't have, (or whatever the figure is), instead of the air heads in congress. Better us than them. Hell, pi$$ away a trillion here and a trillion there and all of a sudden your talking serious money!! Ed

4. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I heard they're borrowing the rebate money from China.

Booger

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

To hear her speak about it, you'd have thought this was Nancy Pelosi's idea.

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I am sure that most of us have noticed that this happens to be an ELECTION YEAR. The sad thing is that most people look at this check they will get and/or their property tax bill(s) and vote based on those pieces of paper and nothing else.

Tim

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Simple, Change your withholding so that you will as close to zero refund next year as possible and you won't have to pay it back. I don't like giving the gov too much money in advance anyway.

Jim

8. starship

starship TS Member

and the State of Oregon says that if you get a rebate from the feds it will be taxable income for State purposes.

Hmmm, send me money to stimulate the economy, so I can give it to the State for government purposes.....
    I see said the blind man or is it the smell of gas I hear

9. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Just give it to the Texas Oil Cartel and cut out the middle men (us) and they can pay the taxes next year...Mike

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

It's all going to powder, primers and shot, to stimulate the economy. These will be all made in America products. I feel that will do my part.

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

In 2001 they did the same thing, except that it turned out to be an advance against the upcoming refund. I'm wondering if it'll turn out to be the same thing?!

Jay

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

I am giving my rebate to a homeless person or disabled vet.

13. starship

starship TS Member

The feds might not tax you on it but each state sets their own rules for taxation. Oregon has stated that you will owe taxes on it unless the legislature passes something stating otherwise. At the present time there is nothing in the works stating otherwise.

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

It seems that Oregon is going more left than California. If thats possible.

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Oregon is 1/4 of the area as liberal as one can imagine and the other 3/4 of the area as conservative as any state relying on handshakes and your word. The trouble is that 2/3 of the population live in that 1/4 of the state that is liberal....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Added: BTW, California isn't much different with all the necessary votes living in LA basin, Sacramento sphere of influence, and San Francisco Bay area with PULENTY of conservatives in the rural, ranch, farm, crop growing areas. I've always said the northern 1/4 of CA is more like southern (rural) Oregon than other comparisons; causing an attempt to form the State of Jefferson to include far north CA and far south OR but 12/7/1941 interfered with that movement....BD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.