1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T, Taurus 94 value?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Steve W, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Found this older version of the Taurus model 94, the only small ( J ) frame with 9 round .22 LR cylinder. It's for my daughter.

(Ruger SP101 8 round .22 is larger and heavier, S&W 10 round .22 is a Med (K) frame.)

Shot 200 rounds with it yesterday, everything went well, reasonably accurate, trigger pull was surprisingly easy, the gun is in like new condition.

Now comes down to the price, what's the fair price I should offer? I couldn't find any used one in this older version for sale on internet.

Thank you for your help.

stevew_2008_030328.jpg

Picture makes it look bigger, but it's the same size as the smallest S&W.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

See what a $200 offer does.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

yup...around 200-225..especially if there will be shipping to go along with xfer fees from your ffl

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

$175.00

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Don't ever buy a Taurus. Resale on those guns suck big time.

6. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Thank you for your advises, I'm particularly interested in this gun because (Priority in order):

1) 9 rounds in small frame.

2) It's local, no shipping or out of state ignorant FFL involved.

3) I test fired 200 rounds.

4) No sales tax, and inflated $100+ FFL charge for out of state transfer, all I have to pay is $35 CA PPT.

Taking all these into consideration, I think I can afford to offer $250 for it.

Thank you all again.

7. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Thank you gentlemen.

8. quartering

quartering Active Member

0   0   0

nice looking gun. if you can get it for $200, go for it! how could you go wrong? plus, it's a good excuse to buy another set of spegel grips

9. ky4some

ky4some Member

0   0   0

I would easily do $200. Those older model 94's are usually rock solid.

Mike Kamer

10. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

Thank you again gentlemen, for your encouragement mostly, I gave the guy $250 for it because I don't have to deal with shipping and out of state FFL, just completed CA PPT at local FFL, and I bought lunch with the seller. We'll go shoot Sporting Clays next week.

11. ky4some

ky4some Member

0   0   0

I would say you did just fine. A 22LR revolver is a ton of fun and inexpensive too.

Mike Kamer

12. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

0   0   0

Keep it!

I have a 66 in 357 solid gun! After seeing the quality of my old Taurus I went out and bought a new stainless model 94.

Out of the 9 rounds it held it would only fire 6 or 7 of them, never all 9. Regardless of the ammo I fed it. Tried 10 different brands. My gun dealer shipped it back. A week later it was back and did in fact fire all 9 rounds. But now the cylinder release lever was no longer flush to the gun, it stuck out about 1/4" and would rattle around.

Could have sent it back to the factory again but decided to sell it and buy a Ruger MKIII - Never regretted it for one moment!

Some day collectors will realize the older Taurus guns were very well made and worth snagging up!!!

Just my opinion.
    Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.