1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Table Rock Lake fishing guide?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by fcd67, Jun 24, 2013.

1. fcd67

fcd67 Member

We are going to be at Table Rock Lake for a few days in July and I would like to get a fishing guide for 1/2 a day. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks
    Sean

2. fcd67

fcd67 Member

Near Branson MO.

3. prairiedog

prairiedog Member

Table Rock Lake is a Corps of Engineers lake near Branson Mo, an impoundment of the White River. Its a deep clear water lake that has lots of spotted bass, largemouth bass and smallmouth bass. If you are into longline trolling, you can troll deep running crankbaits in the main channels and across points to catch many many spots as well as some 3-6 lb largemouth. You might even get lucky and hook a walleye or two. In July the thermocline will be about 30-35 feet. The fish will come up to hit your bait from pretty deep. Just keep balls of shad on the depthfinder and you're sure to get bit. Mornings are best for a good bite, from sunup till about 9-10 am, then a slower but fairly consistent bite from then until late afternoon/evening.

If you aren't into trolling, try light line with finesse baits on main lake points and humps. You'll be fishing deep water, 25-40' unless you fish the docks and visible structure like stumps and submerged cedars. Topwaters will call fish up around the cedars early and late and along bluffs and bluff ends. It is a really fun lake to fish once you figure out how to manage the deep, clear water.

You can find more stained water up the James River arm of the lake for closer to traditional bass fishing.

Good luck

4. JPM

JPM Member

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Branson during which we fished Lake Taneycomo with Captain Steve Dickey who is the owner of Anglers Advantage Guide Service. This was our second trip with Steve. One week ago today my wife caught a 22.25 inch Rainbow trout. That is a career fish for a trout fisherman. My best fish was 17.5 inches. In four hours we caught over 30 fish and we spent at least one of those hours watching a bald eagle and her two eaglets, one of which appeared to be injured but turned out not to be when we tossed a trout to it and it flew away. If you are interested in trout fishing I highly recommend Steve as a guide who will do everything in his power to make your trip a successful one. Steve has a partner who put a party of three on 45 black bass on Table Rock Lake the same morning that we were trout fishing on Taneycomo. We are already planning our next trip. In addition we saw four shows in three days. All of them were highly entertaining. If you want more info about our trip PM me and I'll be glad to share our experiences. JPM

5. Trap MD

Trap MD TS Member

We had Pete Wenners guide us for bass a couple years ago. He did a good job of putting us on fish and also showed us some different ways to catch them for the rest of the week.

I would hire him again for sure if we get back down there.