1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T STAR RELOADER AND BULLET MOLDS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Dave, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Last night a senior shooter at our club asked me to check and see if there was any interest in a few items he would like to sell before he takes "The big trip" (his words)

He has a Star reloader in 45 ACP, some 45 and 38 bullet molds and a good bit of lino-type.

I know nothing more than what I have posted here, and will not see him again until next Tuesday.

If anyone can shed some light on what these items might be worth or has an interest in them, please post here or email me.

Thanks Big Dave

2. DJM

DJM Member

I recently sold 3 lots of linotype on E-bay. The last lot of 42 lbs sold for $61 plus the $8.95 USPS Priority Mail postage. I would be interested in the .45 cal molds but would need to know more. Bullet weight? Bullet style? # of cavities in the mold? Mold manufacturer? Are there handles included with the mold? Don Miller

3. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

A used Star pistol reloader is a very much sought-after item It is a high-production unit and for years has been used by police departments and custom reloaders to crank out volumes of cartridges. I have seen them go on eBay for as low as $500 and as high as $900 but not being into pistol reloading, I don't know if the variation depended on the model, options or what. Look on e-bay, they show up fairly regularly. They were made in several models, both rifle and pistol. The current , fully-automated model is currently listed (in Handloaders Digest #18, at a cool $10,257. Most were sold in much simpler form at a much lower price. Don't give it away, just watch eBay and sooner or later one will be advertized and you can see what it goes for, then you can sell it on eBay and have an idea of what it should bring. The owner should be able to tell you what he paid for it and what model it is. I am guessing he has one of the low-end models that might go for somewhere around $500.00. Hope this helps.

4. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

You can go to starreloaders.com and get info and maybe even a buyer.
    Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.