1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Squeeky Boot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GBR, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBR

GBR Member

Maybe someone on this site can help me regarding a squeaky boot. I have a pair of hiking boots. One of my boots squeaks when I put my foot down. It seems to squeak in the heel area between the outside sole and the boot. I checked the boot to see if there was a separation between the sole and the boot and there was none. Any advise on how to get rid of the squeak beside throwing the boots away and getting a new pair? GBR

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=breakfree.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Fill your boot with Breakfree CLP and allow it to soak in over night. Empty the boot and then put it on and walk in it for about a mile. The noise will be gone.

Tron

3. WWB

WWB Member

I've stopped squeaks in dress shoes with a good foot powder--douse 'em good and wear them.
    Bill

4. too fast

too fast TS Member

Try "Baby Powder" it works great for saddles, should work equally well on boots.

Good luck
    Jim

5. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Ok i know this has nothing to do with squeeky boot .But tron made me think of it . I had a guy working for me and the sole on his boot came loose so i said grab the roof stapler and fix it . He did with it on his foot 1 1/2 staple he called me ever name in the book. He was not the sharpest tool in the book.

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Have the saddle or shoemaker re-nail the heel. Ring-shank nails or screws sometimes work better; if those said nails are copper, they can help arthritis..but then, maybe not.

7. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Can you pull the insole out? I had a pair of really squeaky boots and fought them for 6 months. I finally pulled out the insole and found that there was a problem between the heel pad and the insole. Put a little piece of rubber in there and the noise stopped. Worth a try.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.