1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Spelling

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I get a kick out of people that worry about how someone's spelling is. The other post about "silencing me again" or some such thing got a little out of hand to post to so Iam going to do it here. It involves spelling as well.

What is the correct name of the spinning lure made in Wisconsin that advertises to buy squirrel(sp) tails? Dave P

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Soliciting to purchase a piece of tail?

...(sigh) corporations are getting away with murder.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Why not just use the whole squirrel?

4. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I am the owner of Mepps Spinners.

I have two of them in an old tackle box.
    Never caught a fish on either of them, but they cost me 69 cents/ea about forty years ago, so I'm not about to throw them away.....

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"I get a kick out of people that worry about how someone's spelling is."

Dave, that is one funny statement. You are the master of irony....the guru of tongue-in-check...the king of dry wit...the queen of sarcasm...the prince of satire.
    I have a new-found respect for you after this. Good one.

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

An option on spelling is to cut your post from Trapshooters.Com, paste into Microsoft Word, do a spell check, correct and paste into your post.

Mepps spinners are great, especially for casting the bank in a farm pond. Years ago, after the tails got chewed up; I replaced them with white polar bear hair and really caught the bass and some extra large bluegill. I cannot get real polar bear hair anymore because they are a protected species.

7. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

have you tried pit bull hair??

8. ccridr

ccridr Member

I feel sorry for some one that thinks He/She has to correct the spelling of others. I think they should get a life of thier own and leave others alone.
    ( that last line might be the start of a new country song )
    Colby

9. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

If you fellow really want a excellent free spell check, download from the webb site posted above. Richard

10. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

I have an excellent spell check, it`s called my wife.

As for mepps, they`re great, I even carried one in my survival kit for years.

Tom R.

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm happy to see so many reponses but I guess I asked the question the wrong way. The answer I was looking for is the Dare Devil properly spelled "Dar Devl" I believe. The spelling I read about has its roots from biblical beliefs a long time ago. Hope you all enjoyed this! Dave P.

12. motrap

motrap Member

"You need the tail! Or better said, you need tail? Ask Mepps." Nyttro

"He wants me banned from T.S. because we ,(I was having a little humor) and he took it the wrong way. Sorry Sneaky if I upset you, just having fun and no sexual Innuendo's were meant or intended." Nyttro

I couldn't care less whether there were sexual innuendo's intended (we should call them innutendos) or not, but ........

Either you DID intend sexual innuendo OR your statement was NOT funny because it makes absolutely NO sense except for the innuendo!

AND besides, Sneaky then said: "Not really, I couldn't give a crap less as to what is on here." Mike