1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Southern Humor

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Blackshear, Georgia
    ALABAMA . . .

A group of Alabama friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck..

"Where's Henry?" the others asked.
    "Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of
    miles back up the trail," the successful hunter replied.

"You left Henry laying out there, and carried the deer back?" they inquired. "A tough call," nodded the hunter, "but I figured no one is going to steal Henry!"

TEXAS . . .

The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch..

The Sheriff asked: "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch? Don't you see that sign right over your
    head?" "Yep", he replied; "that's why I'm dumpin it here . . . It says 'Fine For Dumping Garbage'..

LOUISIANA . . .

A senior at LSU was overheard saying . . . "When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana ."

When asked why, he replied he'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world.

The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy: "Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!"

Bubba replied: "Did you see who it was?" The young man answered: "I couldn't tell, but I got his license number."

GEORGIA . .. .

A Georgia State trooper pulled over a pickup on I-75. The trooper asked: "Got any I.D.?"

The driver replied: "Bout whut?"

'You can say what you want about the South, but I
    ain't never heard of anyone wanting to retire to the
  2. pdq

pdq Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Shooting Jack:

I've got friends who "re-retired" to the north after first retiring to the South. One due to Katrina destroying their home from wind and rain damage, and another couple from FL who didn't want the stress of hurrincanes during their "golden" years.

All places have their plusses and minuses.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Yes, it is true. We, who live in the South, have been able to keep the fact that the South offers the best economic and social lifestyle in the USA a secret. We don't want to get too crowded.

Please do not tell the unemployed auto workers in Michigan that they could move to Greenville SC and get a lot of overtime work at a higher salary at the automobile plants there. The cost of living is lower, they could plant a home garden in late March and have two fine trap clubs close by.

Pat Ireland
  4. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Being Pat is so considerate about keeping the south not too desirable that I must return the favor. There in Virginne there is practically no unemployment and jobs are as plentiful as peanuts in Plains Ga. Weather is beautiful and trap targets are so prevalent that they pay you to shoot them. Moving there would just be plain foolishness.
  5. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

Feb 24, 2009
    THE AMERICAN SOUTH is a geographical entity, a historical fact, a place in the imagination,
    and the homeland for an array of Americans who consider themselves southerners.
    The region is often shrouded in romance and myth,
    but its realities are as intriguing, as intricate, as its legends.
  6. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Is it true that down South, when your Mother and Father get divorced they are still brother and sister? No crimes can be solved because the DNA is all the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.