1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T So long Cindy?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DJM, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJM

DJM Member

I see Ms Sheehan has resigned her position as the "...'face' of the American anti-war movement,". I think this forum owes her a debt of gratitude for all the wonderfull material she has provided us. Apparently it's not easy being the self appointed "face" of such a movement, she sez it has cost her a lot of money, wrecked her marriage and strained her relationship with her surviving children (whoda thunk?).
    But even as the blind squirrel will somtimes find a nut I find myself agreeing with her on this point she makde; "Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives."

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

heh...about as much alcohol as it takes to believe that Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9-11...or that the death of 3500 american boys & girls is justified because we are "bringing democracy" to people who did not ask for it.

We got into the Viet Nam war based on lies and misinformation...we lost. We got into the PGW 2 based on lies and misinformation...and we're losing.

but hey...at least by invading Iraq...we have given ourselves a reason to stay there. From one small terrorist training camp in Kurdish territory to a whole country designated as a terrorist training camp...we'd better fight for our freedoms there...while losing them here.

3. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

devil's advocate,have you looked in the mirror lately?

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

One thing that Cindy did was to let us know her son died in Iraq and she wasn't about to take that shit without letting the world know how she felt. Bully for her I say, at least she had the balls to voice her opinion and not be cowed down by those who think she should have shut up and lived with it. The guy who's ranch she camped out by was born wiht a silver spoon up his nose. When it came time for him to do his duty his daddy got him out of it and we the stupid as hell didn't even care and he was appointed to the presidency by those who could appoint him. Hell, he's still a drunk and who cares? Dan

5. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

...and Dick Cheney's response to why he didnt serve in Viet Nam...

"I had other priorities."

Nice leaders, eh?

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Good Riddance to the bitch!

John C. Saubak

7. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

hehe...slime ball?

He lied about a blow job...no one died over it.

pedophile? Sounds like slander to me. shrug.

At least the world didnt hate us, we had a budget surplus, we were the greatest lending nation out there, my right to privacy seemed a little more secure, the Constitution seemed a little more secure.

Now? How many trillions is our deficit projected at? We're the greastest BORROWING nation, our privacy is becoming laughable, the Constitution is in jeopardy...

I rest my case.

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

revsublime you have a different opinion of loosing than I do as well as a different place to the put the blame. "heh...about as much alcohol as it takes to believe that Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9-11...or that the death of 3500 american boys & girls is justified because we are "bringing democracy" to people who did not ask for it."

"We got into the Viet Nam war based on lies and misinformation...we lost. We got into the PGW 2 based on lies and misinformation...and we're losing." I do believe that Dubya could have treated this war different to attain a swifter end to the insurgency. However not with out upsetting all of you liberals to the point of all of you screaming for his impeachment. After all look what some pictures of a few naked prisoners at Abu Grabes(Spelling)prison caused, god you would think those pictures were the end of the civilized world. .

Get a life you bunch of crybabies this is a war not a church social. We aren't allowed to do that or this while those very friendly terrorist are beheading civilian contractors and media people.

All of you liberals think Sweet Cindy is such a great mother and had her say and we should be proud of her. "One thing that Cindy did was to let us know her son died in Iraq and she wasn't about to take that shit without letting the world know how she felt." this statement is very true she also let the World know that her son chose to go to Iraq for what he believed in and his dear sweet Mama trashed his memory and the memory of all the others that went and did what they feel is their duty to their country.

So please by all means lets defend sweet Cindy not her dead son that did what he felt was right. The hole bunch of you make feel sick because when you are done with this country it will stand for "Cut and Run America" not the "Land of the Free and Home Of the Brave".

Bob Lawless

9. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Bob Lawless somehow I can't feel like I'm being unAmerican by wanting to get our troops out of the oil can in Iraq. Yet you want to play this trumpcard with your ideas. Shame on you. If we use your tired assed ideas on giving those poor Iraquis freedom or democracy we will be there fighting or getting blown up in car bombs for the next ten years if not longer. The oil men put GW in the white house and Iraq kept him there for the second term and GW is going to make sure they "the oil men" get a little something out of that favor. That's what I have been saying all along and I'm pretty sure if we were to get rid of Haliburton and KBR and those other contractors that war wouldn't last another three months. It's all about the money. I wonder if Cheney has given all the money his stocks have appreciated from this war to Charity? I doubt it. Dan

10. ivanhoe

Dahaub congrats you have an opinion. So doesn't everyone else. "I'm pretty sure if we were to get rid of Haliburton and KBR and those other contractors that war wouldn't last another three months." unfortunately it has nothing to do with that shinning example of Motherhood sweet Cindy.

By the way you a startling Revelation "It's all about the money." I thought someone as clever as you would have understood that years ago that is correct "Money makes the world go around".

Then you asked "I wonder if Cheney has given all the money his stocks have appreciated from this war to Charity? I doubt it. Dan" Well did you I doubt it.

Bob Lawless

11. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Ivanhoe...The hole bunch of you make feel sick because when you are done with this country it will stand for "Cut and Run America" not the "Land of the Free and Home Of the Brave".

I stand for a country who does NOT get our boys & girls killed in useless wars like Iraq. If you think Iraq was a justifiable war...then you should really stop watching FauxNews.

This war was built on single-sourced intelligence that most CIA analysts would never have let get passed along if it wasnt for Dick Cheney's Office of Special Plans in the Pentagon DEMANDING that the pass the intelligence along, whether it be correctly vetted or not.

There are NO American lives worth Iraqi democracy...you may feel differently and that is your right. I just dont find it very American or patriotic in any way, shape or form.

12. SOLOR GUY

SOLOR GUY TS Member

Ivanhoe: we are still cut and run just like we were in VN We lost again. Its a done deal bush lost the needless war

13. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

...and our entry into the Viet Nam war was also based on lies and misinformation.

Gulf of Tonkin Resolution was a farce.

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/25011928@N00/100986820/" title="Photo Sharing">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

15. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

only someone who hasn't lost a loved one in this misbegotten war could be so callous as to post the above picture.

It is no wonder America is hated throughout the world.

I guess the parents and loved ones of the other nearly 3500 dead military boys ans girls should shut up and not say a damn thing. Freedom? hah! Only if you tow the party line like in every great dictatorship.

16. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I hope all of you "cut and run" liberals are right about this war, because thats cut and run is going to happen. Thanks to the bias of most media and the democratic party that has forgotten that they were telling the same "lies" about Saddam that the republicans were saying before the war. The war on terror has not been fought properly in Iraq, but the dems have offered nothing but leave and whatever is 180 degrees from the Bush plan. They would rather lose the war on terror and regain the power than actually support the "surge" that seems to be having some sucess. All politicians are subject to close scrutiny and when there is video and audio of the presidential demcratic candidates but Obama and Kucinich supporting the war against Saddam in 2002 they must by lying bastards too.

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

You cannot win the war on terror any more than you can win the war on drugs, war on poverty, etc.

You cannot fight an idea and expect to win. Especially when fighting that very idea increases that which you must fight.

We have now spent over one trillion dollars on the "war on drugs" since 1970. Guess what? Drug use is at about the same levels as it was back then. Fighting a health issue with police tactics is a losing battle. Just as fighting terrorism (in a country that really didnt have much to do with terrorism pre-invasion) by occupying muslim lands, meddling in muslim politics (i.e. supporting Saddam in his overthrow of the previous Iraqi regime, supporting bin Laden against the Soviets, supporting the last Shah of Iran, etc), trying to dictate to them HOW they will use THEIR resources, etc.

You speak of the "bias of the media"...yes...it was media bias that did NOT ask the tough questions during the build up to the invasion. It was media bias that did not point out that "hey...these terrorists that attacked us are from saudi arabia and are affiliated with Osama bin Laden NOT Saddam Hussein". It was media bias that did not report that David Kay, head of the UN Inspection team reported that there were no wmd's to be found. It was media bias that did NOT report that Ahmad Chalabi, one of the largest contributors of pre-invasion "intelligence", was an exiled crook whose "intelligence" was not backed up by any other source. So, yes...there was media bias. And it all supported war. At least the corporate media. Funny thing is...nearly all of the independent media DID report these things...you will just never hear about them from Fox, CNN, NY Times, or Washington Post.

Surge having some success? I guess that's why soldier deaths are escalating, why Bush is now considering "benchmarks", and why Iraqi citizens are calling even louder for us to leave their country. I am not quite sure which side you would rate that as successful.

18. ivanhoe

revsublime says "You cannot win the war on terror any more than you can win the war on drugs, war on poverty, etc." Oh you are oh so wise tell us wise one just like the rest of the dems what should we do roll over and do nothing?

Oh I understand cut and run then there will be more money for all the give away programs. You know like welfare,free medical care for the illegals and the major give away of our country.

Bob Lawless

19. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

ROll over and do nothing? Of course not.

1. Concentrate troops in Afghanistan where the Osama bin Laden is. Remember, pre-invasion, there was only one known sighting of al Qaeda in Iraq and that was Zarqawi seeking medical attention in Baghdad. As Pat Buchanan has said...our being in Iraq has created a homegrown anti-americanism.

2. Create a feasible Foreign Policy. One in which we are not trying to exploit another countries resources and stop meddling in their politics (i.e. stop supporting dictators and anti-democratic leaders such as Saddam, bin Laden, Shah Palavi, Battista, Pinochet, etc.

3. Treat drugs as a health problem, not a police problem. What is Prohibition best known for doing? Why...revitalizing the Mafia's hold on the Black Market, of course.

20. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Bob Lawless my stocks value dropped about 60 % before 9/11 and incidentally the president was already talking about Iraq back then. No I will not give to charity any money my stocks and mutual funds have appreciated since the war was started by George. If anything my stocks should have grown faster without the presence of the war in Iraq. That's an issue economists can argue over. Secondly yes I do have my opinion and sorry that you think your's is the right one. I have a tendency to listen to both sides of an argument before I take a side and I'm sure I got on the right side of this one. I was against this war before it started and am still against it. Now the war in Afganistan is where we should be focasing our people. Our generals screwed up that war to begin with and they should have their pensions taken away for it. If that war had been run right we would have been rid of Osama Bin Laden and his group of idiots. Now all we are doing is letting the idiots run a training exercise and breeding program with our presence in Iraq. I have a few questions of you guys who think we should stay in Iraq. What will we win if we ever do? When will we win? How many of our troops are you willing to sacrifice in that sand pit? ARe you willing to let our military start doing the work it should be doing and get rid of all the contractors? How many more reasons are you going to embrace for us being in this Republican war? Bring our boys home now and let Iran and Iraq fight their little black hearts out with each other. Declare victory and come home to protect us from the invasion from the southern border. :) Whoops too late on that one. Send all our troops to Afganistan to get Osama Bin Laden and get the job done. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.