1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T So do Yall get this every time you log on.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by foghorn220, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok lately every time I come here to read stuff I get the page above in the website I pasted above.

So just wondered if it was just me or if it is happening to any one else.

Foghorn220

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Fog- I am not getting that, but I have had trouble with logging on through my "favorite site". Is it possible Gargoyle has gotten some some sort of spy program in our computer?

Pat Ireland

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I suspect David has finally hit the wall on maintaining this thing. I have been unable to get on at all several times the last week or so! You guys still up or just getting up? I got up about 1/2 hour ago! Tom Rhoads

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Foggy, I don't get that, but I do have a question.......

Why log off? I never log off........It seems to work for me.

Hauxfan!

5. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm with Haux, i never log off. i have T.S.com on my favs
    and each time i boot up and come here i never have to sign on.
    except when i clean up my history every now and then. i've always
    wondered why the logoff icon was there? Dennis.

P.S. - Fog, i've never had this come up, yet.

6. valmet

valmet TS Supporters TS Supporters

i guess i realize why its there, in case you're at a computer other than your home computer and logged on and didn't log off you'd stay logged on that
    other computer. any other reasons? Dennis

7. shadow

shadow Active Member

You must have picked up an aids-like virus from one of those "other websites" you visit Foggy. He He He --gottcha !

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I suspect the server has some capacity limit. If many people never log off, would that limit access by others? I do know that I can log on faster at 5 AM EST (2 AM Dave,s time) than at 5 PM EST.

Pat Ireland

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

I would run AVG and see if you have a hijacker on your computer.

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Pat, The reason you can get on faster at 0500am is because there aren't that many people in your area on the internet.

The reason it is slower at 0500pm is because everyone comes home from work/school and logs on, thereby slowing everything down.

Being logged all the time uses such miniscule bandwidth the server wouldn't know the difference.

At least that is what my Microsoft techie just told me........

Hauxfan!

11. david

david Member

I ordered a new server that should be up and running sometime this week.

David

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx for the innfo David. I have not been able to access the site correctly for a few days. Where and to whom can I send a donation. I appreciate using this site

Lou M
    Boise ID

13. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

No problems of any kind here.

14. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I sent an email to David today asking about the extremely slow loading of the forum. There are certain times of the day that it simply will not load for me. Today, it was until mid-afternoon until I could get it open. It could be traffic or it could be the routing the site had to take to reach me.

David suggested clearing cache and temps and rebooting but I do that every day anyway. Then he mentioned that he had a new server ordered and that it should be on-line later this week.

Morgan

15. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Very slowwwwww..............

16. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Another tip, you may want to look at your hosts file to make sure it hasn't been tampered with. Most users will only have an entry for the local host - 127.0.0.1.
    I use mine to filter out unwanted websites. It is possible a hacker may have set trapshooters.com to their website address.

You can view the hosts file using notepad. For XP systems it is located at c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.

Unless you know what you are doing, you don't want to try to alter it in any way, just open it with notepad and then close notepad when you are done.

The hosts file is consulted before the computer goes to the internet to resolve the name of the website to an actual internet address which is what a DNS server does for you when you type in http://www.msn.com in the url.

Hope this helps,

Mike

17. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I think I got rid of the pop ups and spy wares finally it also seemed about every time I would just go to internet explorer that a credit card pop up would come up but it would open in a seperate page.

I ran a couple of spy ware and ad ware programs and the anti virus and all seem to be ok now.

Shadow you might be right I think some one has been going to them sites when im not home.

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.