1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T, Slow mail with my Money Order lost? Follow up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I sent out a Postal MO from Los Angeles to a gentleman in VA on the 11th via USPS, 15 days later, he has not received it yet. This is incredible.

Luckily he didn't send out the item before my payment, otherwise he'll probably think I am a con artist by now. :)

At the same time, another gentleman sent a Priority Mail from Denver AZ to me in Los Angeles, it took 9 days to get here.

I think Pony Express would have beat that. LOL.

2. William681

William681 Member

On the other hand.
    I sent four packages from NC to PA on the 20th.
    Printed the Priority labels online, Picked up by my carrier AM on 20th.
    One arrived in Philadelphia the next day, the others all delivered on the 22nd.
    Given it was the Christmas season that was pretty damn good I'd say.
    Did have a Priority pkg from OK take 9 days to reach me, however mailer was "dyslectic",(spelling police please ignore), and screwed up zip code, hard to hold PO responsible for that.
    When I was selling gold you could not beat Registered Mail, both for security and cost of delivery. Never a shipment lost.

Bill

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

The very reason why postage rates have increased----they are now charging storage on our mail !!

4. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Ever heard mof snail mail Maybe it was the christmas rush Now lets not pick on the poor under paid over worked postal worker

5. Steve W

Just got another email from the gentleman seller the my PMO still not there after 20 days.

Called the P.O., I need to go there to purchase a "tracking service" in order for them to track my Postal M.O. I'll update the process later.

At meantime, I keep getting my neighbor's mail, let me tell you, it's a nice way to meet new neighbor when I bought her mails and Victoria's Secrets catalogue to her.

6. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Your MO is probably lost, sadly it happens.

Once you pay $5.50 for the money order inquiry, it will be sent to St Louis, if it has been cashed you will recceive a copy front and back, it if hasn't been cashed 60 days from the date of purchase they will send you a check.

Tim

7. Steve W

Tim, thank you for your information, nice to know we have a "Postmaster" on board TS.

That's exactly what I heard from the local P.O., except it cost $5.50 per inquiry now, so two PMO is $11.00 in this case. And seems they can't put a stop payment on them.

Now my question is, what shall I do now? send another two PMO to the gentleman in VA ? or use other payment method?

8. postmastertim

How well do you know the seller?

I've attached the link for the consumer money order inquiry, you can try that also.

Tim

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sounds like a tar baby to me.

HM

10. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Postmastertim your suppose to up sale him by saying if he would have sent Priorty with delivery confirmation he could have already tracked it.

HAHAHA
    wesleyb

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Tiz the season ... Happy New Year ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. 100straight

100straight Member

I went through this exact scenario a bout a year ago. They said 60 days. Took 6 months to get it resolved. MO was never cashed, and has never shown up.

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

1st class is faster than priority. Priority has to be scanned everywhere it stops.

14. Steve W

Today I received the mail returned to me with a yellow sticker reads: "INSUFFICIENT ADDRESS UNABLE TO FORWARD"

I checked three times letter by letter, the address on my envelope was correct. Double confirmed with two of the seller's emails, no error. (also, I emailed a picture of the MO together with my envelope the day I mailed it, seller confirmed it's correct)

If wasn't for seller's privacy, I'd post a picture of the envelope with that yellow sticker for everyone to see.

Other than I keep receiving my neighbor's mails, what is USPS doing?

I'm sending the two MO tomorrow via Priority Mail again, see what happen!

15. revbook

revbook Member

Why tempt fate and send it the same way you already did? Send it UPS or FedEx.

Don in PA

16. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Quit sending it PRIORITY! Send first class and be done with it.

17. postmastertim

Bill

Steve sent it First Class the first time only to have it returned as insufficent address.

Priority Mail is usually one day faster coast to coast. We don't have a pile of Priority Mail sitting around waiting to be scanned.

Tim

18. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have a package that's overdue by a couple days right now. Shipped it 12/31 Priority Mail, should have been delivered 1/2. No tracking updates beyond the one telling me it left town 1/1. USPS website still quotes 2 business day delivery (which surprises me since the package is going practically coast to coast). Glad I shipped it well packaged, fully insured, and with signature confirmation

19. Steve W

Well, I sent it Priority Mail this morning, the clark at the PO checked the address and said it'll be there Sat.

I email seller the receipt together with the two MO 's copy from my cell phone, just to make sure I'm not pulling his leg on this "Check in the mail" BS.

Luckily this gentleman is patient enough to bear with me. Thank you Paul.

20. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

I'm the guy that Steve sent the Money Orders to...this has been quite the experience. However,Steve has been great throughout this ordeal and I believe I will have a new friend well past the Money Orders and the Perazzi changing hands!!! Paul in Virginia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.