1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Skunk Problem!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trappy12, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Sooooo, we've got a skunk in our back yard now and need to get him out of there. Partially because my dog will eventually scare the crap out of it and it will spray, but mainly because my mom is petrified of it. She thinks like the slightest movements, or noises will make it spray, despite my reassuring that they aren't that easy to scare. So anyways, how do we get it out of there WITHOUT shooting it?
    -Trappy

2. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Leave it alone. It is an Obama supporter looking for someone to share their wealth with him....your picture was in his wallet....

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I personally feed at least three every night and they're very friendly. They must be Rebublican Skunks as they never spray until they watch an Obama speech on our TV-then they spray our sliding door. Just goes to show ya, even Skunks are intelligent enough to know bull-crap!!

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Don't bother him. He just wants to be with his own.

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Ten Top Ways to get Rid of a Skunk:

1. Enlist it in the French Army and say boo.

2. Call John Kerry and tell him Jane Fonda is nosing around the back yard. He'll come by for her.

3. If it stinks up the place, it may be a Detroit Lion. Send him back.

4. Call ACORN. They will take it to a Poll catting place to vote for Obama.

5. It may just be Al Franken looking for more votes.

6. Call PETA and tell them to come and get the kitty before you kill it and eat it.

7. Call the BATF and tell them it tried to sell you a full auto.

8. Call Joe Biden and tell him he left his wig in your backyard.

9. Call Bill Clinton and tell him there is a fat, little furry thing just waiting for him.

10 And the last way to get rid of the Skunk. Photoshop a phony birth certificate, give him $650 milion mostly raised from muslims, teach him to say nothing over and over, buy him a Harvard degree and call Mayor Daley and tell him you got his next White House boy lined up.

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

SBray, why would you trap a relative? Thats uncalled for!

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

brooks,,your killin me,,,lol

but please don't embarrass the skunk putting it in the same category as Al Franken,,,

#9 was pretty darn good also,,,,

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Trappy why are you bothering the people here looking for the answer to this question? You're a liberal you have all the answers already.

Besides you didn't take any advice before the election why start acting like you are going to listen Now?????

Bob Lawless

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I think you just learned a "lifes lesson". You and the skunk don't belong here.

Don

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

The skunk is just looking for a handout, even you should know that. Spread the filth.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Trappy- Try eliminating any food the skunk might eat, but this can be difficult. You might also try finding its home and making the home stink with something like moth balls. A call to your animal control unit could be useful.

Another approach is to keep your dog in a pen and educate your Mother. Skunks are very attractive animals. My office door is on the side of my home near the back. We have a lot of vegetation in that area. I have been feeding a skunk that comes to my office door every morning for two years. He likes canned cat food. He likes his breakfast around 5:00 AM and we have a nice relationship. When I go to shoots for a few days, my skunk has to switch to dried cat food. He is always happy to see me return.

Pat Ireland

12. RAScott

RAScott Member

Trappy

Are you sure its a skunk? Trappy maybe its a lost kitty, you should check it out, and care for it. We need to all work together. why cant we live in a bypartisan world? I am sure if obama is truly your saviour, than he would look down on you wishing to harm another of his creatures.

BUT if you or dog gets sprayed, 1 quart of fresh peroxide, 1 cup of baking soda, and a teaspoon of dish soap takes the smell away.

Bob Scott

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

cubancigar2000 - Your post is very close to being out of order. It also clearly shows you have little knowledge of cotton farming. The leaves are now off the plants and one big green machine is going over them dumping the cotton into trailers.

Pat Ireland

14. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Get a box trap - put in yard 50 feet away with dog or cat food in the middle - when you get him shoot him 10 times with a pellet rifle from the kitchen window so the neighbors don't even see or hear you. If he sprays way out in the yard so what! ( He did.) When dead, dump him in a box and throw in any field. Works just great!
    Put insect and grub killer on your lawn heavy so he goes to other yards than yours.

P.S. Gander Mountain and other places have subsonic - very quiet .22 shells that work great in your .22 also! Open window and shoot from 3 ft.back in the house and all the sound stays in the house! When nobody else is home.
    In other words - just use your head to figure out the problem.

15. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

.22 CB caps, Trappy. No noise at all. Why don't you want to shoot him? When we were kids, my brother and I caught more than a few skunks in our trap sets. We shot them with a .22, and only had 1 piss. That's because my brother gut shot him.

We had a friend who had a de-scented skunk as a pet. It made a dandy pet, and he had fun clearing out rooms with it. People thought it was "loaded".

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you're (17yo) and still don't know how to eliminate a Skunk you obviously lived a sheltered life. Us old country boys learned at an early age, and a few dozen traps later, how to deal with animal issues. My advice is to throw away that nintendo, buy a few dozen Conibears and #1 Victors, and head to the nearest crick.

That's an education you'll never find on a computer!!

17. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

#1 Victors and Conibears. Man that was good times. Checked for muskrats before school. Once in a while we would catch a mink. We thought we were real mountain man trappers. The school library always had the newest copy of Fur, Fish and Game. And everybody that grew up around water knows it's pronounced "crick"!

18. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

It amazes me how big a jerks some of youall can be.

Guy Babin

19. Reid

Reid Member

The fellow that suggested the trap had the most common sense. I use a Have-a-Hart wire trap that has two trap doors. I place a little bit of canned tuna fish near one door, close that door and secure it. The second door is left open to trap the skunk when it enters. Immediately after I set the trap I cover most of it with cloth or a tarp so that when I approach the trapped skunk it does not see me and if it sprays it would be on the covering - not on me. Once I get to the trapped skunk, I cover the remainder of the cage and "slowly" move everything to the back of a truck to remove the skunk and let it out someplace else. When letting out slightly remove the covering to open the door and keep up with a stick and step back to allow the skunk to walk away from you. It everything is done quietly and slowly it is very likely you will be fine and have done a good job.

20. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I had a problem with a skunk one time............I divorced her a**!

End of story............and the skunk..........

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.