1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Should we drill for oil?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Oil prices per barrel has dropped yet no drop at the pumps regular in my area is 4+per gallon. We need to reduce our dependence on imported oil I say drill and do it now your thoughts?

2. gusto777

gusto777 Member

Absolutely yes! We need to utilize all the resources we have concerning energy production. This nation needs an agressive and decisive energy plan that includes onshore and offshore drilling, drilling in Anwar, greater mining of coal and coal shale, nuclear power plants and the use of alternate energy sources such as solar, wind and thermal power. We can no longer be held hostage by the world's oil cartels. We need to send a powerful and threatning message to Washington that we will no longer stand by and let the likes of OPEC control our energy destiny.

3. JOND

JOND TS Member

Yes! But, the dems want us to all ride tricycles if we want to go somewhere. JOND

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yes,absolutely,..if we drilled and were able to tip the scales of supply over demand then prices would have to fall...also a major campaign to push towards other energy sources would throw off the chains of bondage our enemies have on us...we MUST do this to survive as a world power economy

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Dirll now, everywhere and deep! Pelosi should be fried by the voters in her state, OH wait they are the dumbos who elected her. Jake

6. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Drill, Drill, Drill NOW!!!...Bill

7. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Drill here, drill now of course.

A thread on this site about a missionary to the Alaska oilfields says it wont happen. We have an agreement with the arabs that hinders such???.

I hope hes wrong.

Regards...Gerald

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I watched a news special held by President Bush a couple of weeks ago and I was so proud of him. He told congress that if they had listened to him 7 years ago we wouldn't be in this prediciment today. He said he was sick and tired for being blamed for the price of fuel and we should direct our anger to the ones who would not allow the drilling. Good for him. Jackie B.

9. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I agree with what Trace Adkins told Glenn Beck,

BECK: If you weren`t a musician, what would you be today?

ADKINS: I`d be drilling oil wells, keeping this country running. I`d poke holes in your backyard if they`d let me. And that`s what we should do to solve this energy crisis. We ought to be drilling oil wells in Central Park.

BECK: You seem like a global warming activist.

ADKINS: I am.

BECK: Absolutely.

ADKINS: Heat that sucker up, baby.

10. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

11. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Can we send these post to Pelosi and the rest of the morns in congress? Dam I think I just came up with a new post!

12. Djones

Djones TS Member

If you take an honest look at the mere act of President Bush's decision to recend the offshore drilling executive order and what that has done to the price of oil, the answer is this will only work of a short while. Coupled with presure Newt has put on the congress and the senate with the "Drill here - Drill now" petition, if congress merely says yes with certian enviromental protections we will see gas drop to pre-2006 levels with a drilling bit ever breaking soil.

These arab bastards will not settle for the US producing it's own oil, therefore I believe they will open the oil fields up and quit the senseless price gouging the is routed only in greed.

Don

13. robtbracco

robtbracco TS Member

Why wold we drill for oil when we can just put air in our tires? Robert (sick of freaks like green peace, elf and liberals in general ruining our country...tell them to take their next lawsuit and shove it.....

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

2str8...are you off your meds again?

15. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Hell YES we should drill and if we had not let the freaking lefty liberals (you know the ecco Earth Day freaks, Spotted Owl crowd, Al Gore kool aid drinkers, Sierra Club white glove campers, etc.)set our environmental policies for the past 40 years we would have $1-$2. gas, be EXPORTING our surplus gas, selling natural gas overseas and not being held hostage by the OPEC oil cartel. The US untapped oil fields are estimated to be among the worlds LARGEST.

2str8...going out on a limb here and assuming you are of voting age...the TOTAL actual ownership of the worlds oil supply by the various oil companies is 6%! Or maybe your Dem politicians or lefty liberal teachers never taught you that fact? Of course they are making record profits...record oil prices are manipulated by the OPEC'ers. The minute we start drilling off our West Coast and Alaska, the price will head down for world crude. Economics 101...you do know about economics right? Assuming you are young, you better pray NoBama is not elected...read up on JImmy Carters years and take his failures and multiply...high taxes and hyper inflation.

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Of course NOT and don't even consider nuclear power.....windpower, bicycles, rollerskates, fermented guano, solar power, hydrochloric gas (farts) from cows, latte residues, John Edward's hairspray fumes, Pelosian gases and left wing trust fund baby tear drops will replace oil....

We need conservation....the USA should employ 1700s methods of travel...return the earth to its primordial state....we must ignore the needs of 300 million worthless humans.....save the planet, save the polar bears, save the whales, save everything but other people's tax money....

17. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Drill for oil and develop oil from algae. Yes, algae. You can look it up. We have not really pushed the tech. envelope in getting btu's 'cause oil and coal have been so available...until about 20 years ago. I would also like to see the newer generations of diesel engines available and a new engine developed by Mercedes Benz that runs like a diesel on gasoline. Rather than a gas guzzler tax, btw, why not tax the weight of a vehicle? Like an overweight tax. Lighter cars burn less fuel boys and girls; this would keep cars fun and encourage automakers to use less raw materials; raw materials require energy to become viable car parts, btw. Bottom line: We would be better off drilling and conserving.

By the way, is there any other way to get oil besides drilling? I mean that old stuff made from dinosaurs, not the corn oil stuff.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

BTW, anybody know how to get rid of dye traces from off-road diesel? Inquiring minds...

19. shadow

shadow Active Member

Naaa. Just raise the price of corn,wheat,soybeans,rice and other food we export to OPEC nations to cover the cost of their oil. The basic source of all energy is food. We got it--they dont.

Might be a decent idea to sink a few holes here and there just to prove we can get by on our own oil if we have to. Can they get by eating sand?

20. oz

oz Active Member

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT? THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE OIL COMPANIES OR WHERE WE GET IT. THE PROBLEM IS THE STOCK MARKET. THE FUTURES TRADERS ARTIFICALLY RAISE THE PRICE ON PAPER TO MAKE MONEY. THEY WILL BE SORRY (AND WE ALL WILL) WHEN THE MARKET CRASHES LIKE IT DID IN THE 20'S. OZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.