1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Shotmakers, how do you dry your shot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by william miller, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william miller

william miller TS Member

I am interested in the various methods that other shotmakers have for drying shot, and what works best.
    Redtrapper

2. jdar46

jdar46 Guest

I made 20" X 20" frames out of 2x2s with screen and then 1/4" thick pieces of wood over the screen to keep it on to the 2x2s. I use 2x4s as stakers/spacers to seperate the frames. A nice size fan, a friend made a stand to catch the hot air from his AC, this allows air flow around the shot to dry it. It really dosen't take long to dry it this way, besides I can go do other things while it dries.
    Tony

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Since I use hydraulic oil or ATF to drop our shot into, I use a 3 stage process of Unleaded regular gasoline to wash the shot clean of 95% or so of all the oil. After the shot is washed in unleaded, I do a 2 stage wash in E-85 and the lay the shot out on the floor in the garage or in the sun on old wool blankets depending on the weather. The unleaded gas goes into my van and lawnmowers and the E-85 lasts for quite awhile since the shot is so clean already. When it is too dirty for my liking, I blend a gallon of it into 30 gallons of regular unleaded and life is good. None of the fuel goes to waste except what is lost due to evaporation. Bringing the level of ethanol up from 10% to 12.5% in that 30 gallons is not going to do any damage to an engine.

JK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.