1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T-Shipping a gun to California ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Jun 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

As some have seen, I have a 1911 pistol for sale. I've had 2 people ask me IF I would ship the pistol to California. What is it about California that makes people ask this ?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. cafowler

cafowler Member

All the crotchity old trapshooters everywhere east of Vegas don't like those of us who live in California, and blame us for everything wrong in this country today including Obama getting elected.

CA DOJ has an extra step when shipping a gun into the state, takes a couple extra minutes to do online. Many think this is the beginning of the end of gun rights, so they have their own personal form of protest, they refuse to do business with a person in CA. Seems just like what the anti's want, and bitter old guys end up falling in line with what they want, all to protest some silly rule by a state worker. This rule is mostly a nuisance, info at the link here.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Gene,

CA DOJ requires out of state FFL to obtain a file number online in order to ship guns to CA, the FFLs who are doing business with CA told me there're no fees and it took 5 minutes.

However, out of state individuals (non-FFL) are not required to do so. You can legally ship guns to an accepting CA FFL directly. This is the part people don't understand, and paranoid about.

If your state require guns to be shipped FFL to FFL only, then you have to use your local FFL. I suggest you talk to the accepting CA FFL for all the details of accepting a firearm from you.

You may confirm these on CA DOJ web site, including the CA DOJ list of handguns that passed the "Drop Test".

Hope this helped.

4. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Thanks for the input.
    It ships tomorrow. To California.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Gene, on behalf of California gun owners, thanks for not letting minor nuisances and California detractors discourage your sale. Some people seem to feel they are somehow protecting their gun rights by refusing to sell to California, go figure.

Robert

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What happens if you ship a non-state sanctioned gun to California?

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

They'll put you in jail for 69 years with gay inmates from West Hollywood & San Francisco.

I'm just kidding. :)

It's your receiving FFL's job to verified it. The complete list is on CA DOJ web site.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

OMG. I could wind up in jail with Jerry Sanduskey as a cell-mate. Worse, Jerry and I could be sent off to AZ and have to stay in Joe Arpaio's tents wearing pink underwear and eating baloney (likely story - it's probably dog meat) sandwiches.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.