1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Septic Clean Out Connection ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Catpower, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The roots won't bother a sealed joint, they grow in the drain holes of the perferated pipe in the drain field after the septic tank that causes the problems

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Roots are very intrusive. If they can get through the microscopic openings in cast iron soil pipe, they will surely find their way through other tiny openings.

I would go with something like J-B weld or other epoxy material to insure an impervious seal.

HM

3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Installing double clean outs is a good move just make sure you have them pointed at each other so you don't have a dead space. I have seen that a few times. I am asuming your updating the pipe from your house to tank? If so get that 3 inch pipe out of the ground and replace with 4 inch scg.40 with the 6 inch glue fittings. Problem solved. Never heard of 3 inch pipe ouy side the house.

Don't bother placing cement around any fittings it just wont seal. If you use any thing use sewer tar. Don't really need any thing around a rubber fitting as long as you tighten the clamp well.

Certified licenced on site septic installer in Minn. since 1978.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.