1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Selling coin collection - any advice?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Big Heap, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Silver is at a recovery high and I have a collection of U.S. silver coins to sell. Any advice on how to determine which have a premium value? Local coin dealer has offered 11.65X face for the average coins but some must have value as rarities.

Attn burglars - all the collection is in the box at the bank so don't bother visiting me at home.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Big Heap...

You may want to contact Jim Beasley of Tilden Trophies.....he and his son are involved with the buying/selling of coins. He will probably be able to give you some very good advice.

Curt

3. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

I am going to try ebay to sell my coin collection. Give it a look, you can see what similar coins are listed for. Also, for a service charge, you can look up actual sale histories on a particular item. It is a little hard to find this function, but I found it very useful. Bill

4. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Look up your local coin club. Might pay off the rent a table at their next showing and put the whole lot up for sale. They might have a local or state newsletter that's available to you to advertise. Dealers MIGHT give you .25 on the dollar for 'collectibles'.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I would not sell my silver just yet, still seems to be on an incline.

6. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

DO NOT SELL any silver at this time, it will skyrocket, besides being a precious metal, it is a consumed metal. ie. electrical components. With China, India & other countries emerging and developing a middle-class the price of raw materials will go thru the roof. If this transaction is needed for an imediate emergency go for it, otherwise wait. The way to wealth is not buying things you don't need in order to impress people you don't know or who don't give a rat's ass about you after they leave your sight!!!!----Phil

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Spend $20-25 on a couple books, one on identifying condition and the other on prices - do some homework it'll pay you back in sweat equity + you'll be better informed.

Jay Spitz

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Thanks for all the advice. I have some sorting to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.