1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Satellite HD TV

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bridger, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

I've about had it with our cable company and am thinking of going with either Dish or Direct TV. One thing that is holding me back is that I have read that their picture quality on HD is not as good as cable. Anyone have HD with either company, please let me know what you think about the picture, especially if you have switched from cable and are able to make a comparison between them. Thanks.

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I've never heard anyone say that they had a better picture with cable. Quite the contrary.

They all said they had a better picture with satellite. (Dish TV or Direct TV)

I know I have a better picture than I had with cable and a better stereo sound.

I went with Dish TV and love it.........

Hauxfan!

3. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Hauxfan is correct.....you have some bad info.

Dish net has more channels at the moment and is rumored to use less compression in most of thier signals.

4. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

I live out in the country and cable is not an option for me. I recently purchased a Toshiba 42" LCD flatscreen and the dealer I bought the tv from suggested I try an antenna instead of the satellite dish. He indicated I would receive better HD reception than either satellite or cable and without the monthly fees. I took his suggestion, had a HD antenna, rotor, and booster installed (by a separate antenna company) and have not been disappointed. Friends who have satellite dishes see what I have and are very envious of the quality of the picture I receive compared to what they have. For what it is worth. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

5. cableguy

cableguy TS Member

Most broadcasters have converted or, are in the process of converting to a digital broadcast signal to meet next years deadline. If you're not hooked on Discovery, Food, or History. Mishot has a viable option. For just the cost of the receiver and a good antenna you get all of your local channels for free. We use digital receivers now th get high quality signal into our cable system here. Pretty much the same one that you can buy at Radio Shack.
    I get my cable for free, it's one of the few perks that I get. Even if I didn't, I have issues with the service agreement and the fees that the satellite companies charge. If you decide to go with a dish, read the paperwork carefully. JMHO

Shawn

6. TOOT

TOOT TS Member

Over the air digital is avavalable in many markets these days (not mine) but you will only have the major network channels, if they broadcast in HD.
    Do not confuse digital with HD. HD is digital but not all digital is HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.