1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Saiga .223

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've been looking for a .223 to plink around with. I want to find something around $400 or less. The Saiga .223 and the Kel-Tec SU 16-A are a couple of rifles that keep coming up on some searches. I use to have a Mini-14 years ago, but they are more expensive, and mine wasn't very accurate. Any info on these guns or any others would be appreciated. Wayne

2. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

They are hell-and-back reliable, noisy, clunky, bulky, and not-so-accurate.

They make a great battle rifle, but with the price of ammo these days, I'd prefer something slightly more accurate.

3. bambambam

bambambam Member

I have one it is very accurate,the only bad thing is if you reload,it will ding the cases unless you put on a Valmet buffer.Other than that awsome rifle

4. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you decide on a saiga 223,I have one F/S @$275 plus ship. It's like new.
    Reason for selling ?---I had to buy it as part of a package to get the Browning XS 28 ga that I wanted (and I don't shoot rifles).
    Can send a pic if you have interest.
    regards
    Bob

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

many guys at the club got these when they first started coming through here in mass. Mixed results about accuracy. I guess depends what you want to do or expect. I have a mac 90 ak clone. @ 100 yards with out trying much I used to all on shot with in the rings. No really good groupings. But hitting 12x12 @ 100 yards is about what I think they where designed for. I have not shot it in years. Not much fun since club went paper only. I loved shooting tree trunks to pieces.

6. bambambam

bambambam Member

Nanuk,
    What barrel length is your rifle?

7. nanuk

Barrel length is slightly over 16"--Don't know how well it shoots as I have never fired it(and probably won't).
    regards
    Bob

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Bob, thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. I'm going to look at one on Wednesday night at a gun club. Thanks for all the other replies, I think I've ruled the Kel-Tec out because of the M-16 style receiver. Thanks again. Wayne

9. nanuk

Wayne
    No problem--check them all out--if you should have further interest, I'll send a pic and sell for $275 shipped (this gun is like new).
    regards
    Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.