1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Sacramento...any HVAC guys out there??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chiefjon, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I am in need of a new complete system for my home. Just curious if there are any local shooters who are HVAC guys.

Thanks,

JON

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Jon,

Get ready to pay BIG BUCKS for a complete system. What I use to sell a 2 ton system installed , I can not even purchase the system for. They raise the minimum seer rating and elimiated R-22. The price went up.

Ken Cerney Wisconsin

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Ken,

You are so right. But, the last one worked fine for 37 years. I have one estimate at 12K for a 15 SEER 3.5 ton unit plus all ducting. Just thought I would see if there was someone in the sport who could use the job.

JON

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jon, I wish I was closer, that's alot of money to spend for a three and a half ton system, what brand are they quoting? You might check to see what you can get a 13 seer for, in true reality, even with the tax break, the energy saving of most 15 seer units will take longer to get the pay back than the system will live.

And you will probably never get one to last for 37 yrs, they are make much much chincier than they were made, they claim in order to get the higher effeciency ratings that they have to use thinner material in the tubing for better heat tranfer, so they went to .030 wall thickness to .020 wall thinkness, they were having a hard time holding R22 at it's pressures and R410a is over twice the pressure, and has also become a transition refrigerant as they have found it causes more damage to the atmosphere than the chlorine in the good old stuff

I'm tired of telling customers the BS we're trained to tell them just to screw them out of more of their shrinking bank accounts

5. too fast

too fast TS Member

John Marty Devries use to do that and I think his son took over the business. Don't have his number but sure Joan at Coon Creek would have it. Good luck. Jim L Luis

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Thanks for the feedback.

Jim,
    I know who Marty is, I will try and get ahold of him or his son.

JON

7. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Jon,

Marty lives in Roseville.

Bob K

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Thanks for the help, gents. I got a system and a price I can live with...as long as I never shoot trap again, sell my DT 10 and start eating some of the gun powder I have left over...lol.

JON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.