1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Rolex 2-tone Datejust F/S

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Another Darwin Award vote for Anonymous....

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

Thanks Bigm, too bad you came out a loser in the gene lottery.

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Nice watch....but I think I will continue to use my cell phone to tell time :)

Forrest

4. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Looks like a great watch. I know Danny, you can bet this is a good deal.
    Charlie

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Dan

Contact Mike Kranich Jr in Altoona PA he buys Rolex watches all the time http://www.kranichs.com/.

Ron Ausman Jr

6. mcginty

mcginty TS Member

be sure to have a cheap quartz watch around so you will know what time it is.
    have 2 of them laying in dresser drawer. poor excuse for a timepiece. won them both so i don't feel i made a poor investment. mcginty

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ignore the tire kickers and those that dont identify themselves

looks like a fair deal

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Submariner sits in the drawer too.....beautifully made for a mechanical watch but they keep lousy time...my Citizen Titanium Eco-Drive is super accurate, but if I needed a diving watch, I'd dig out the Rolex.

9. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My Submariner was always losing or gaining 10-20 secs a day or after getting it adjusted by a Rolex licenced jeweller....and then the band started wearing out. But it's still a great looking watch....every other "divers" watch is a copy.

10. teleskier

teleskier Member

I don't know anything about Rolex watches and don't really care to but I do know a thing or two about diving as I spend a lot of time in caves, wrecks, deep air, Nitrox,mixed gas etc. and I can tell you there is not a diver out there worth his salt that would rely on a watch for his bottom time let alone decompression status. Mike

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

My Sub lost 2 min. a day new out of the box. When I asked to have it adjusted they said there was a charge for the service. It now resides in a safety deposit box.

12. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

The specification for Rolex automatics is that they are within 5 seconds each day. Most come in at 2 seconds. If your watch was that far out of whack, sending it through the authorized Rolex shop in Beverley Hills would take care of that.

The accuracy numbers posted here are WAY out of spec.

-Aaron

13. smartass

smartass TS Member

Did you expect anything less, dcmulcahy? If you don't want editorial opinions, don't try to sell on a DISCUSSION forum- try ebay instead.

Rolex watches are great for snob appeal but are as bad of an investment as all jewelery. They aren't as accurate as the cheapest of quartz watches, but who cares since they are bought to impress people like Paris Hilton.

14. dcmulcahy

dcmulcahy Member

I am not trying to impress anyone, and you are an idiot........

15. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I recall my wife paying $275 for my stainless datejust for Christmas 1971. I have worn it virtually every day since and it has taken quite a few "lickings" over the years and still keeps excellent time. Of course it has had several trips to the jeweler over the years for minor work. She bought another bracelet for it in Bermuda about 5 years ago that cost as much as the whole watch did originally!

Considering the years of service and pride of ownership, I'd consider a Rolex a bargain.

16. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I get a new GMT about every 3-5 years. I'm hard as hell on a watch... working on my 4x4's etc, around the lathes, etc.

I've had a GMT since the late 60's and would not wear anything else.

Mine have alway kept extremely accurate time.

My retired teacher friend and neighbor (2 houses up the hill) is a big Rolex and Patek dealer. I buy wholesale from him and sell mine outright.

As Dick above said, it's about a matter of personal choice and affordability.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.